This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The concept of using the other door

I think it's a sad state of affairs when you have to have two people to close a door. One to lock the door, and one person to point out that there is another door just to the side.

And it even sadder that you have people trying to move a sign in order to get to a locked door, when just right next door, is the open door.

I used to have a Far Side t-shirt with a picture dipicting a sign saying "School for the gifted" and a kid pushing with all his might on a door that said pull.
    I miss that shirt.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      I used to have a Far Side t-shirt with a picture dipicting a sign saying "School for the gifted" and a kid pushing with all his might on a door that said pull.
      I miss that shirt.

Comment

I've actually gotten the cat-butt face for actually going in the right door. *snerks* I think part of it was the comment to the cashier at the gas station (where it's mostly encountered around here) about someone failing to use their brain)

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
          I miss that shirt.
          Quoth Lachrymose View Post
          We got that shirt for my Dad one year for his birthday.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
            You mean he's not stretching his calves? ;p

CH
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Even if he was, if someone came out through that door, he'd be pushed down the stairs.

Comment

What's amusing is when there is a sign saying that if you exit, the fire alarm will sound. The doors don't open right away (I think you have to push them manually) so people, without reading the huge signs, slam into them and set off the alarm. Store director on duty gets pissed.

Comment

Maybe this is the reason why I've seen so many Wal-Marts with enter doors on the left and exit on the right?

That confuses the heck out of me. I was always taught to enter on the right, exit on the left, period. Of course, my parents taught me how to say please and thank you too.
                  "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                    Maybe this is the reason why I've seen so many Wal-Marts with enter doors on the left and exit on the right?
                    Call me Devil's Advocate, but it has always felt to me that WalMart was trying to make it easier for people who has purchased stuffs to get out by not making them walk through the entering mass of people to get to the exit door, and thus, saying *paraphrased from WalMart UnderCity* "Get Out!"
                    Not that that stops people from walking in whichever door they happened to park closer to, nor people leaving after putting their cart away, and just barreling right through traffic.
                    I'm... yeah close to clotheslining people when I walk into/out of a WalMart, nowadays.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

The local grocery store has the enter doors on the LEFT, exit on the RIGHT...

Which is reversed to everywhere else I shop x.x
                      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
                      X