Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i knew one guy who had his girlfriend call in to claim his (or her, i forget) grandmother died, to get him some time off from work...

i forget why ... either he went missing from work and they called his contact numbers looking for him, or the grandmother called in looking for him

either way they were like "um... he told us you were dead"
    and then he was in major trouble at work for doing that

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs View Post
      "well now she is deceased, since her card was used in the past to pay our company, we must notify the card issuer immediately so they can forbid anyone with her name and social security number from using the credit line in the future,"
      great idea!
      ROFLAO!
      "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
      -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs View Post
        A professor of mine told the class that the same person said their grandparents died 5 times in one semester to get out of turning in assignments on time. What I don't get is these people supposedly forget they already used the excuse more than the real amount of grandmothers they had, making the lie very obvious!
        It's possible. mother's parents, father's parents, spouse's mother's parents, spouses fathers parents, stepmother's parents, stepfathers parents, etc.

Highly unlikely though...

Comment

Quoth driftwolf View Post
          It's possible. mother's parents, father's parents, spouse's mother's parents, spouses fathers parents, stepmother's parents, stepfathers parents, etc.

Highly unlikely though...
          True, but if I remember correctly, the prof. told me that, on occurrence 3-5, the same grandparent died, their mother's father if I remember correctly. The student was stupid enough to note exactly which grandparents died every time as if the professor didn't keep track!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Working...
          X