This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Catchup

Had gone back to lurking for a little bit, but have decided to just post a couple of little snippets. No huge suck (luckily) just little tidbits.

Choosing the wrong profession

It was a busy day in the restaurant, but we'd all been doing a damn good job at making sure things were going smoothly. Unfortunately, as we all know, this is never enough for some. I was managing the door and bussing alongside a coworker. My coworker led a couple to a 2 seater table. She stops and puts the menus down and smiles, gesturing to the table. I'm waiting in the wings so to speak to plan our next move. The female of the couple looks at the table, pretty much disgusted. The table is clean I should point out.

She then sighs and points at a bigger table, which isn't clean and asks if she can sit there. Coworker agrees but tells her it'll just take a minute to clear it, wipe it over and set up. The woman rolls her eyes and practically snarls, 'Forget it'. Coworker is confused and asks if this table is OK. The woman's boyfriend agrees, looking absolutely terrified of his girlfriend.

Coworker had to go outside for a bit after this after a small, well-deserved rant about people looking at her like shit. I later took some drinks to them both and while he was polite, she just snarled and pretty much refused to even acknowledge me.

The kicker of this though? She was a nurse....I just hope she never has to lower herself to help a retail worker.

Value For Money?

You know how some people get rich by being tight? I kind of served some the other night. A table of 12....no booking. They turn up at half past 8, when there is only me, a coworker and a manager on a Saturday night. I volunteer to serve them as I'm going to be there the latest, so my coworker can get some stuff done before she goes.

I think it's probably one of the best services I've ever given. Their glasses were never empty, they had everything in perfect time (kitchen kudos mostly for that). But it really was excellent. My manager commended me on it as normally with a big order there'll be a few blips, but none tonight. It comes time for them to pay and they want the bill split between 4 groups. No problem, the computer does all that, but after everyone claims ownership for the things on the bill there are still 2 desserts left. They argue with me they haven't had it and I KNOW they have.

Eventually they admit it. They all pay up in exact change. The total bill was over £120 and they leave me a grand total of £2. Now, I'm not one to complain about a small tip, because it is a bonus....but would you consider leaving such a small amount when there were no complaints and the service was good? I could understand people on a budget...but they were certainly not. I was really gutted at the time as I had put in a great deal of effort and pretty much all I got was an arguement about 2 desserts they didn't want to pay for.

Jekyll and Hyde

Sometimes there are just people who want to complain. I'm convinced of this. Now at first I can see this guy's point, as his food was cold. I asked him if he wanted it reheated or made new. He said reheated. So I take it back to kitchen, they heat it, I take it back to the table, still sizzling. He grunts and sighs, saying 'It's been reheated. It's going to taste like rubber now.'

Facepalm....I hate when people forget what they told me to do. I didn't...and I'm doing about 5 or 6 things at the same time.

Once again Irv gets the wrong idea and thinks he will be reading a humorous anecdote involving ketchup. Or catsup.

Now that that's out of the way...what a bunch of fuckwaffles.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Haha, does this mean you know what catsup is? I have no idea and have always wanted to know, but keep forgetting that I want to know it lol!

Comment

Why yes, I do know what catsup is.

It's ketchup spelled wrong.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

At my job we have "Fancy Ketchup" I don't know how it's different from the regular kind though.

Comment

Ketchup is the red stuff in the packets.

Catsup is Tomato "relish" since it's supposed to be chunky.

No one seems to make actual Catsup, though, so it's a word that's interchangeable.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
              Haha, does this mean you know what catsup is? I have no idea and have always wanted to know, but keep forgetting that I want to know it lol!
              Here, this might help

http://homecooking.about.com/od/food...huphistory.htm

What's funny is my mom will write and say "ketchup", my dad will invariably write and say "catsup"!

And, after reading and saying the word "ketchup" in my head a bunch of times, it looks and sounds weird now!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

And you're all wrong! It's tomato sauce!
                This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
                  The kicker of this though? She was a nurse....I just hope she never has to lower herself to help a retail worker.
                  My mom is a registered nurse, who quit nursing because of the other nurses. In my experience (and she confirms this), there are two kinds of people who enter that field:

1. Nuturing people who give everything they can and more

2. Power-hungry she-devils.

Dunno why that is, but it seems to be true.
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                  X