This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Do they expect to pay you extra for your flexibility?

Rapscallion
    And well considering that I can put my ankles in behind my head... You'd think they would!!! LOL

Mind.... in gutter... where it belongs...

Comment

• Damn - if I hadn't had that cough when I was over...

You could have taught me how to do that.

Rapscallion

Comment

• wow...step back for a second...

I got that while shopping at a competitor wearing my work shirt ..."Hi, where are your..." (turns and points at company name)...and she still was confused. Like you don't grasp the names of places you shop at all the time? damn...here's your HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ...
        HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

• My husband does not work retail, but he wears business casual to work. I can not tell you guys how many times I have been pushed out of the way, had someone walk in front of me, or interupt me speaking to him to ask him where something is in a store.

I had one woman try to get me fired for refusing to help her, in a store I have never worked in. The clues that I didn't work there should have been that I was wearing a floppy hat, a Hershey kiss t-shirt, jean shorts and flip flops, but it took the manager telling her that he couldn't fire me since I don't work there and never have.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• I HATE this! I swear if you work in any kind of a service field this happens to you. It's almost like we give off a scent or something that causes SC's to run to us for help. Reguardless of the fact we are in our sweats with bed head. I have gotten this at almost every shop I frequent.

Comment

• I still get this sometimes and I haven't been in retail in YEARS.

"Lemme see, Jose Cuervo t-shirt and ripped jeans=sure I work at Best Buy"

Comment

• The last few times something like this has happened to me was when I was at a restaurant or bar applying for a job, and so was well-dressed. And apparently looked like host or (the gods forbid) management!

One day I really really want someone to bother me about something in a store I don't work in on a day I am in one of my patented cranky moods. One of those days where my own mother wouldn't call me out of fear of her life. One of those days.

Please, customer hordes, make it happen. Only one of you need die.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

• first of all, i know the thread is mega old, but this happen to me everytime i walk into my store, with regualr clothes on. like yesterday with the nationwide cold front(even in deep south texas where i am) im wearing a UT hoodie and jeans with some holes and i cut the bottom for boot splits. i look nothing like the khaki and red shirt uniform. i dont even think i had my hair combed, just used the hand comb. this usually happens when im going threw our footwear dpt(since that dept and the break and training room are in the same vincinty. they ask me if i work here. im looking around for the footwear people but to no avail. so i say yes, technically. i started telling people i do, but im off. but im a nice person and will help you. sigh.

Comment

• I have gotten this several times when going into other stores wearing my Staples shirt and nametag (I don't like taking my nametag off if I don't have to, because i don't want to lose it). Actually got an SC (sort of) once. I was in teh Movies and Music section at Barnes & Noble, having just gotten off work. I was looking afor a birthday present for someone, and a woman stops me to ask what song is playing on the overhead.

Me: I haven't the foggiest idea.......(saying it in a complete "I don't give a flying ****" tone)

SC: well there's no reason to be RUDE about it! Where's the manager?!

Me: How the hell should i know? I DON'T WORK HERE LADY!

SC: Well how was I supposed to know that?

Me: You don't want me to answer that *I walk right out the door*

I've also gotten hits at the local supermarket (they wear blue aprons and jackets; I am in a red polo shirt. HELLO!!!!!!)

Idiot: Excuse me, where is the Astroglide? (Not really what she asked for )

Me: Try asking someone who WORKS here. I dont' have a clue.

Idiot: oh......sorry

Oddly enough, I have gone through Target (red shirts) in my uniform (also red) several times and have yet to be asked anything (knock on wood).

Oh, and just today I was at the store I used to work at to talk to my uncle (who still works there) and he told me two people complained about me. HUH?! I DON'T WORK THERE ANYMORE! Apparently, they thought it was inappopriate of me to complain about SCs while I was there. I musthave struck a nerve with a couple SCs who happened to be listening.
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 12-05-2006, 06:20 AM.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

• WOW,

I hadn't looked at this thread in a long time.

I had no idea that I had been "Called Out" like that. LOL
                      (Pages

To all of those people who came to my defense, I really appreciate it.

It just goes to show that this forum is privy to alot of intelligent people, decent people.

THANK YOU ALL.

Afternote.... Like I said earlier, those were the types of clothes I liked to wear. It just happened that I was wearing blue that day, when I went to see him.
                      Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

• Okay. K-mart last night. I was wearing a pair of khaki jeans, a white blouse with ruffled sleeves, a coral colored suede jacket and a pair of docs. I had a shopping list in my hand and was looking at dolls in the toy section.

Sure enough, a lady came up and asked it I worked there. I just said "No." and she wandered off.

This was the same Kmart where my earlier "biker gets asked if he works here" story took place.

Nothing sucky, really, but like I said. It happens almost EVERY time I go in there.

Comment

• On Black Friday, Meijer's was selling their artificial trees for 40% off. I was trying to scan one to make sure it was the right brand of tree for the discount before I waited in a long line at the register only to find out it's the wrong brand and therefore full price.

So I'm hefting this huge bulky box up, trying to scan it and obviously struggling because I couldn't hold it steady long enough for the computer to scan it. In the back of my mind, I hear a tinny voice in my ear-

SC: Excuse me!
                          Me: Hmmm? <still struggling, not wanting to turn head lest I drop box>
                          SC: Hello- excuse me!!!
                          Me: Yes? <thinking to myself Jesus lady I'm busy here!>
                          SC: <pokes me in the shoulder> Hey, I'm talking to you!
                          Me: <finally drops box and turns to her> Jesus What?!!?
                          SC: Well, excuse me, but I just thought that a paying customer should be able to use that scanner before an employee (voice dripping with disdain at that)!
                          Me: <looks down at my clothes, sees a pair of blue jeans, flip flops and OCC t shirt> You think a Meijers' employee dresses like this??
                          SC: You don't work here? Hmpf, well are you done with the scanner??

Me:
                          Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Comment

• I am just waiting for the day someone treats me like this. It hasn't happened yet. But I am sure my day is coming. A lot of clueless people approach me, and bother me, but nothing sucky enough to warrant me being nasty.

Someone does something lke this to me and we will have a nice little Come To Jesus meeting. If I am forced into a confrontation with a jerk, I WILL get my money's worth out of it.
                            Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 12-13-2006, 05:38 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

• i'm a heavily built guy, a long beard, sometimes braided, i wear t-shirts with kitties or tigers on, often a shirt with some silly or cool patterns on, even sometimes pink shirts, and usually some slightly baggy pants that doesen't fall off, still, i've been poked and asked to help them find stuff... on vecation...

Lady:*poke*"where is the milk?"
                              me:"i have no idea miss"
                              Lady:"what a strange accent you have.... foreign?"
                              me:"no..."
                              *lady walks off mumblign about foreigners*

i'm norwegian, i was still in norway, however, some places manage to think my accent is swedish...
                              and i'm really curious of wich super markets have pink shirts and kitty t-shirts as their uniform...
                              Rawr

Comment

• Quoth shenzee View Post
                                Me: <finally drops box and turns to her> Jesus What?!!?
                                SC: Well, excuse me, but I just thought that a paying customer should be able to use that scanner before an employee (voice dripping with disdain at that)!
                                Me: <looks down at my clothes, sees a pair of blue jeans, flip flops and OCC t shirt> You think a Meijers' employee dresses like this??
                                SC: You don't work here? Hmpf, well are you done with the scanner??

I get this all the time where I work....customers will try to butt in front of staff members who are on a break and trying to get a sandwich and juice from the kiosk. They think the staff should just step aside and let them go first....jeez if we did that, no one would get fed all the staff would starve to death and then who is going to serve them and pander to their ever increasingly outrageous demands!
                                Last edited by Ree; 12-14-2006, 09:21 PM. Reason: Fixing quote tags

Comment

Working...
                                X