This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth scorpionf View Post
    The manager comes up to me, and tells me to go to the staffroom, so he can have a chat to me about my behaviour... So, I asked where the staffroom was, and he said I knew where it was, and to stop making things worst for myself.

Huh??? What??? *entire army of brain cells die and IDR falls over*

*gets back up* Ahem ... yes ... The *MANAGER* thought you were an employee!? Is he brain dead or does the Target have such a high turn over rate that he can't be sure of all his employees?

Good for you for going somewhere else! Maybe you should call corporate and tell them you don't appreciate being hasseled by their idiot manager? Don't know if they'd do something, but he might be put on notice the next time you come in.

Comment

• Quoth bars.of.a.rhyme View Post
      It's because you exist on earth to serve them. You don't have your "free" time or "off" time, because they are the customer and serving them is your JOB, it is what you get PAID TO DO, even if you aren't getting paid at the moment.

Believe me, they would call you at home if they got ahold of your phone number.

and they did...tis why my last name is no longer on my nametag...
      You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

• Quoth idrinkarum View Post
        The *MANAGER* thought you were an employee!? Is he brain dead or does the Target have such a high turn over rate that he can't be sure of all his employees?

Good for you for going somewhere else! Maybe you should call corporate and tell them you don't appreciate being hasseled by their idiot manager? Don't know if they'd do something, but he might be put on notice the next time you come in.
        If the turnover rate is that high, it's probably that manager's fault. Calling corporate and getting that jerk suspended or fired might make a world of difference for that store's employees.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Quoth Tito View Post
          That's exactly why I used to refuse to give my last name if someone asked for it. Sure I ticked off a few people, but do you think that I care? I did not need them being able to look me up in the phone book.
          has anyone dared ask what "their" last name was??? i bet they'd decline after a bit of
          You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

• My experience

When I was working at catalog and credit at JCPenney's I was maid of honor in a wedding down the street. I was there with my brand new boyfriend (who is now my husband) and we decided to stop by on our from the wedding so my coworkers could see me in all my doodads and meet him.

A regular saw me come in and asked me to go get her order.

I said "I wish I could help you but I'm just stopping by to say hello. I'm not on the clock"

I was in not only a maid of honor dress but one for a formal wedding. My boyfriend was in a tuxedo.

She was quite put off and I told her that I am not able to get into the register when I'm not on the schedule.

On top of it there was not really a wait to get her order!

Comment

• I was once in Target shopping for some new clothes when a man asked me where something from the automotive department was. I just happened to be wearing a red shirt and red plaid pants that day. I told the man I don't work there, and he told me I shouldn't wear a red shirt in Target as it fools the other customers! WTF you idiot, telling me what I should and shouldn't wear???

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
                True...but I suspect she only told me because I happened to wander into the dairy section with my shopping cart, and she recognized me.

That bugs me too when people make a mess and leave it. Just tell someone, for crying out loud!!!
                or they can act like real grown ups and clean their own mess. maybe thats what they fear, having to do their own cleanup

i know what the towel rollers are for on the wall! my mommy taught me to clean up my own boo-boos

some, i swear, must have their own official butt wiper

Comment

• Quoth scorpionf View Post
                  The manager comes up to me, and tells me to go to the staffroom, so he can have a chat to me about my behaviour... So, I asked where the staffroom was, and he said I knew where it was, and to stop making things worst for myself.

I just said "I shall go and buy my IPod elsewhere, have a nice night" and wandered out the store, leaving the 2 of them standing there like the morons they are!
                  I almost want to believe that you looked a lot like an actual staff member that worked there, and now that person, your double, is going to get all kinds of hell for the manager for doing something they didn't do.

Thing is, I think you should have told the manager that he was an idiot, as you didn't work there, and that he was now harrassing a customer! At least, I would have done that. But then, we all know I am a bit evil like that!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

• Wow, scorpionf I can't believe that happen and that manager was a total idiot not to mention the SC. I think he probably mistaked you for an employee that looked like you and didn't even get a clue when you asked him where the breakroom was. Also he didn't say what the name of the employee he thought you were and so then that store might have a high turn over if he doesn't even know the employees names. I really hope you report him to corporate and he gets fired.

Anyway the funny thing is I've worn a red t-shirt (it was brick red) at Target before and I've never been mistaken for a employee. Anyway I've had few people asked me where stuff in stores I shop at and sometimes I was able to help them other times I just said "I didn't know." When I was on vacation I was mistaken as a employee at a nice restaurant, I was kind of dressed up and standing in the middle of the place so yeah I can see why someone would make that mistake but I think my brother was one you said I didn't work there.
                    Last edited by rdp78; 02-12-2007, 02:11 AM. Reason: added something
                    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                    My space
                    Facebook

Comment

• teehee I ended up helping a lady at Michaels on Saturday (no, I don't work there). She had brought in a British size 2 knitting needle, and was trying to figure out what the equivalent American size was by sight... ugh. It looked like it would be between a 10 1/2 and an 11. (and no, she didn't think I did work there, she just latched onto the only other knitter in the store at the time LOL)
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

• I help

I also am an avid knitter and I will help someone at Michael's too.

I just finished a beautiful sweater that I look forward to work tomorrow because of since I get to wear it!

Comment

• Quoth Format C View Post
                          There are two times in which I was at Borders and I've been asked "Do you work here?" Both times I was wearing a shirt and a tie and I resisted the temptation to say "I am too well-dressed to be an employee." No offense if you work at Borders.
                          Yesterday when I was at Borders, someone asked me if I worked there, too.

The funny thing is that I do work at Borders, in the cafe. I had just walked out from behind the info desk, and I was in the middle of putting on my walkie. I was wearing all black (it's more coffee-stain-resistant than khaki) and my Seattle's Best apron, plus a big nametag that says "[MY NAME]" right above the word BORDERS.

Customer: "Do you work here?"
                          Me: *looks down at my outfit, then at the walkie, then at the customer* "...Yes, can I help you?"

Quoth CRXPanda View Post
                          and they did...tis why my last name is no longer on my nametag...
                          *jaw drop*

There's an awesome story in there somewhere, and you really need to post it if you haven't already.
                          Last edited by MadMike; 02-14-2007, 08:21 AM. Reason: merge

Comment

• last name on nametag + phone book = ???

Originally Posted by CRXPanda

There's an awesome story in there somewhere, and you really need to post it if you haven't already.
                            Really not awesome. I was a PizzaHut manager, they wanted a date. They hit on me in the store, they called a few times at my house and then my phone was disconnected (I was pretty broke mostly back then), they would show back up at the store, but then I got transferred. Then I wrecked my only car, resigned because I couln't get to the new store, put all my stuff in storage, moved out (no job for rent), lived at a friends' 2 towns away and watched her kids for $$ to pay storage bill. It's a would-be stalker story, but I was in one of those "sorry POS times" in my life, and the lifestyle just made my blip leave his radar...at the right time.
                            Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2007, 04:08 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags

Comment

• Quoth CRXPanda View Post
                              It's a would-be stalker story, but I was in one of those "sorry POS times" in my life, and the lifestyle just made my blip leave his radar...at the right time.
                              I can't believe the guy actually had the nerve to call you at...

...wait. I believe it. Yeah.

That's wicked creepy.
                              Last edited by MadMike; 02-15-2007, 08:20 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

• We had an "actor" (and believe me when I say I used that term very, very loosely) in the studio once for some show we were shooting and he was the most childish, unprofessional asshat I've think we'd ever had in the studio. And that's saying something (remind me to tell you all about the randy puppet that barely stopped short of dry humping our female guests sometime.) I assure you.

He WOULD NOT stick to script, whined, giggled, kept saying things like "Wow, I bet I'm really costing you guys some money with all the retakes, huh." Actually ended up getting out of there way later than we needed to because he wasted so much time screwing around.

Would you believe that sorry sumbitch actually had the berries to call up there the next day and try to get a date with one of they young women on the crew? One of the same women who'd had to put up with his stupidity and was late getting home because of him?

Comment

Working...
                                X