Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on which pair of jeans I'm wearing, I divvy up my pocket stashes thusly:

Left front pocket: Small bills (under $20), keyless entry remote for my car, coins*
    Right front pocket: Pen(s), pencil, cell phone
    Left rear pocket: Handkerchief, credit card wallet
    Right rear pocket: Wallet

* If the pair of jeans I'm wearing has a big enough "change pocket" on the right side, then the coins go there instead.

My keys are on a clip that I hang on my belt loop.

I pay with the change I carry whenever I can, and only have to dig out the full wallet for cash if I don't have enough small bills to pay for whatever I'm buying. Saves me a lot of time.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      In my experience, the terminology goes as follows:

- Handbag. A small bag on a shoulder-strap, normally carried by women in lieu of pockets.

- Purse. Something primarily designed to carry coins in. May have a small note pocket.

- Wallet. Something primarily designed to carry cards (ID or otherwise) and banknotes. May have a small coin pocket.
      See I call my big bag a purse, and I have a wallet inside it, my wallet has a change pocket, so I don't need a change purse. I generally keep everything card and money related in my wallet, and anything else (MP3 player, book, assorted makeup/hair doodads) in the rest of my purse. There is a small outside pocket to my wallet that keeps my main credit card, debit card and any other cards I need quick access to. (I have several credit cards, it may be up to 5 or 6 now, I don't use all of them at once, and one has a specific purpose, it's my costco card)

I rarely have cash on me, if I do it's from Tips and that's in an envelope in my purse until it's deposited in the bank.
      “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

In Aussieland the female version of a wallet is called a purse aswell. Handbag is a handbag regardless of size, unless it's a tiny one in which case it's a clutch. LOL

I use to have a purse that was similar to that but I'm too lazy to keep turning it around, so I got one where all the cash is stored together. But I experience this performance every day as well. It's even worse when the handbag is so big they can't find the purse to begin with. *groan*
        Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia. ~Charles Schulz

Comment

I wear a suit at all times so I'm a bit guilty of this myself....

There's a pocket on my suit jacket which has sections for money which I keep my change in then in my inside pocket I have my wallet and passport, and all of this is usually under my great-coat so I have to open that up before paying during winter, summer is better for such things....

Comment

I have a Tilley hat and jacket that I am never without.

The hat has a little pocket inside where I always keep a £10 note for emergencies. The coat has 12 assorted fastenable pockets (ranging from external velcro ones to internal zip ones and some security ones inside the sleeves) and 2 open ones (for hands). I generally have all 12 pockets filled. At the moment it contains: cash wallet, phone, diary/organiser, card wallet, car keys, house keys, shop keys, comb, spare glasses, swiss army knife, receipt book and assorted pens for in case a customer pays me while on a paper round, a book, a notepad, ipod and the front from my car radio and a spare hankie.

I'm going to end up with a man-bag one day i'm sure!
            Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

On the VERY RARE occaision I carry cash, I usually just hand over bills since the boy likes change to put in his wallet(and small bills) or I just use the card. Takes less time.
              "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I seldom carry a purse, so my pockets are taken over as follows:
                front left pocket--cell phone
                front right pocket--keys and coinage
                back right pocket--money (bills), debit card, little pocket thingy carrying my DL, old WI ID, credit card and various *stuff*
                back left pocket--comb

When I do have my purse, all that goes in it are my checkbook, my savings account register, a calculator and as many books as will fit.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X