This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Couple

So there is this couple that claims to know a lot about fish. I just catch the fish. Well, they want the female guppies that are pregnant and then we talk to a manager because they don't want to pay the full price. He gives them a deal and so I catch them about 12 fish. It's pushing one bag, but they are smaller and I've done 12 goldfish in a bag.

Then they tell me to add lots of water into the bag. I tell them that's not a good idea because it's better to have more oxygen and less water. They throw a fit and tell me that they have been raising fish for many years. So I add more water even though I know it's a bad idea.

What happens? The fish die and they come in to complain. I bet they took males home the second time around because the girl knew even less about the fish than I did. Not to mention he stuck his hands into the fish tank to fill the bag whereas we use a container to get the water and then put it in a bag. He risked contaminating our fish tanks with his unwashed hands.

Don'cha love it???

... when customers act or claim to know your job better than you...

Happens all the time to us at the store. We laugh about it when they're back with a problem because they ignored our advice/instructions, whatever.

Soldier on!
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

Comment

Oh my god, its a fellow aquarium worker!

Yes, I've had trouble explaining to people that they want AIR in the bag, not water... more water means less air, which means stressed / dead fish. They just don't get it, sigh.

Especially with guppies, if they get even slightly stressed they will likely get a bacterial infection in transit and die when they get home. But you already know that :P

So, what's the return policy on fish where you're at? I want to have SOME kind of fish health guarantee at my store, but I don't want to lose money all the time either just because people take neons from here and put them into their ammonia-riddled tank that has a pH of 9.4 and then want their money back.

Comment

Quoth casey13 View Post
        Not to mention he stuck his hands into the fish tank to fill the bag
        wait, the CUSTOMER stuck his hands into the fish tank?

Uh-uh. If he knows so much about fish and had been "raising them for many years" he certainly should know better than that.

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
          wait, the CUSTOMER stuck his hands into the fish tank?

Uh-uh. If he knows so much about fish and had been "raising them for many years" he certainly should know better than that.
          No wonder the fish died. I've had fish before and even I know you don't stick your bare unwashed hands into a tank.

Of course, with Oscar we had to use a kitchen strainer to catch him whenever I had to break down the tank to clean it - he'd outgrown the largest net we had.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

speaking of air... it's best to turn off the pumps (or even bring the tank out of the house) if you're going to use a flea bomb.

we kinda forgot that while growing up, came home to a tank of fumigated fish.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 01-13-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X