This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny SC moment at work tonight

My hands were full of perishables as I was putting them away (I was too lazy to go grab a basket) and my phone rang. Instead of putting the stuff on the ground, I put a couple of tomatoes and an apple in my pockets while I answered the phone. A customer saw me and assumed I was stealing, so he went and got the manager. I showed up at Customer Service a few minutes later, done unloading my fruits. The manager asked me to empty my pockets. I pulled out my wallet, my IPod, and a notepad. The customer didnt want to feel embarrassed so he said I stole the wallet from someone (lol wtf?). I opened it and showed him the 5 cards I have with my name and picture on it. The customer looked really embarrassed at that point so he said he was in a hurry to be somewhere and left. My manager laughed and left me to do my job.

Wow what a dick. Lying about what you saw because you're embarresed that you can only catch the produce thieves? What is their some sort of ranking system for good samaritins and catching tomatoe theives is bottum rung or something. Oh but wallet thieves! Dude you could get an interview on CNN for that one!

Comment

Wow

And all he had to do was stick to the truth and everyone gets a good laugh.

I mean if this happened to me, and I called the manager and told him exactly what I saw it would just blow over when you explained that you needed to free up a hand. Hech, I bet you could still get into trouble handling food that way and/or answering the phone at work.

And all that vanishes because of a very, very stupid lie.

Comment

Too bad this guy had to make himself look like an idiot. A rude, lying idiot. Mostly it's too bad, because I wish more customers would take notice of their surroundings and find cheating/stealing in stores unacceptable. Most people would just shrug and walk away if they saw someone stealing. Heck, a lot of employees (that I know) would do the same.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          And all he had to do was stick to the truth and everyone gets a good laugh.

I mean if this happened to me, and I called the manager and told him exactly what I saw it would just blow over when you explained that you needed to free up a hand. Hech, I bet you could still get into trouble handling food that way and/or answering the phone at work.

And all that vanishes because of a very, very stupid lie.
          I handled food that way because I didn't want to put them on the ground, and the phone that I answered was my pricechecking phone.

Comment

Working...
          X