This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first post in suck customer

I get a phone call from a customer calling in about his credit card being "stolen"
    it goes like this:

S=Me
    SC= Sucky Customer

M- Thank you for calling the fraud department...my name is S.....how can I help you?

SC- "Yes" Im looking at my bill and it looks like there is a $3000 charge on here that I didnt charge anything too"

M- Okay...it was for ............ (explaining the situtation calmly) (while on the phone with him he was cussing and swearing i mean )

SC- "Beep, Beep" .............. (u know the drill)

S- Sir, it appears you have your wife on the card also. May I know if your wife has used the card?

SC- Ill go ask her ................(10 minutes passes by and I was ready to hang up the phone with him)

SC- "you still there miss?"

S- "Yes"

SC- It appears that my wife made that charge........"click" (hangs up)

S- I was so upset he didnt apologize for swearing at me and I was about to burst !!!! ty for friends right? !! seriously....he was an sucky customer

Welcome.

I think someone's wife will be on the receiving end of the swearing after that call.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Welcome.

I think someone's wife will be on the receiving end of the swearing after that call.
      People think I'm an @$$ when I say, "I'm never giving my wife my card," but this is exactly why.

PS: This is the reason why my store requires the cardholder present for credit purchases. Eat that, SC's!!

Also, welcome to CS.

Comment

Wow...

I can't imagine charging that much without discussing it with my husband.

Not because he's the "man of the house" or has some kind of final say over it...it just seems like common courtesy when the finances are shared. I expect the same from him in return.

Though if he ever charges that much without discussion first, I reserve the right to go buy a new top of the line gaming computer...so hopefully he will!

Comment

PS: This is the reason why my store requires the cardholder present for credit purchases. Eat that, SC's!!
          Exactly!

My mom has one of dad's credit cards, but it specifically has her name on it because these days stores care about that.

She was rather furious back in the late 80s / early 90s to find that many stores had the policy that... "If a woman was using a man's credit card she was his wife, no need to question it." And they thought mom was nuts for getting upset with them...

But these days the stores aren't so stupid thankfully.

Comment

Maybe he should have had a pow-wow with his wife before calling the fraud department? Communication must be lacking in their relationship...

Quoth Hobbs View Post
            People think I'm an @$$ when I say, "I'm never giving my wife my card," but this is exactly why.
            Don't blame you. It's your money. If she doesn't work (is a homemaker) then make sure she has her own checking account with her own card. That's what I plan on doing. (If I'm ever dumb enough to get married.... I'd rather marry a guy though...)
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth evilminion007 View Post
              (10 minutes passes by and I was ready to hang up the phone with him)
              Are you required to wait that long? If so, that policy sucks. Ten minutes is ridiculous. Just my opinion. lol

Sorry for your SC, and welcome.
              whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Now there's a rock-solid marriage if I've ever seen one.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  Maybe he should have had a pow-wow with his wife before calling the fraud department? Communication must be lacking in their relationship...

Don't blame you. It's your money. If she doesn't work (is a homemaker) then make sure she has her own checking account with her own card. That's what I plan on doing. (If I'm ever dumb enough to get married.... I'd rather marry a guy though...)
                  I hope my wife has, I dunno...a job, and we can keep our finances separate...maybe a joint account for things like bills etc...but that way I can't get into financial arguments.

Comment

Working...
                  X