This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No, you may not have it for free."

I had a customer come through my line and had a roll of tape. He claims to have found it on the ground and asked me if he could have it for free.
    Me: Sorry, sir. I can't do that.
    SC: Why not?
    Me: Its not up to me?
    SWC: Well, I don't see the big deal.
    Me: I can't do it, sir. I am not about to take the risk of getting into trouble.
    He gives me a look.
    Me: Would you like me to call my supervisor over?
    SC: Please do that.
    I do so, and the whole time the guy keeps looking at me like I'm providing bad customer service for not letting him have something for free. My manager came over and told me to let him have it.
    To me, this guy is nothing but a cheap bum who looks for freebies every single opportunity he gets. I sure would like to go into my favorite store and keep anything I find on the ground.

.... so he found it on the floor inside the shop?

So what? If it's in the packaging then it's still merchandise
    besides who's to say he didn't put it on the floor to begin with?

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      My manager came over and told me to let him have it.
      Seriously dude.. wtf. Wait till word gets out that Santa Clause is your manager.
      I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
        Seriously dude.. wtf. Wait till word gets out that Santa Clause is your manager.
        Can I have a pony?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I thought you already had Broom EQ. He's your pony
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Broom won't let me ride him around the house anymore. I hurt his back.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

you were doing it the wrong way EQ.
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Wow, I'll have to try that one at the car dealer: "Can I have this car for free? I found it on the ground!"

In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Oh darn, I knocked these clothes off the rack, can I have them for free? What about this case of beef, it's a bit dirty now, can I have it for free? People are nuts.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Y'know, I might just call up corporate HR and let them know the manager is helping customers steal merchandise from the store.

But then again I'm just vindictive like that.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Broom won't let me ride him around the house anymore. I hurt his back.
                      Really you broke his back!! How's that even possibke you tiny thing!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        .... so he found it on the floor inside the shop?
                        "Everything from the doorknobs down... IS MINE!"
                        *looks around the store* Hmmm... no doorknobs...
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

We had manager that did stuff like that. They are no longer with the company. Apparently giving merch. away for free or 99% off was the most ethical/legal thing the were doing.

Comment

Yeah Manager's do that all the time.

You're expected to follow policy. We even have stuff printed in writing for customers to see about returns, exchanges, etc and then a manager gives somethng away for free. You end up looking bad just because the manager doesn't want to deal with the SC. Of course the SC returns to the store expecting more free stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X