This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you WAIT five minutes?

Partial suck here, because we were busy as hell.

And by busy....we were at least 3 deep on several registers, we had to call several departments for help in serving. (nearly all of bakehouse, half of produce and several of the groceries/perishable/nightfill staff are checkout trained)

But ye gods, people could NOT wait for five minutes while I was dealing with problems relating to reduced to clears. We can no longer put them through as unknown items-do that, we get logged, 3 logs goodbye. So for EVERYTHING, we gotta put it through, no barcode, we gotta call someone down.

1) Lady with bread rolls. No barcode, so I went to put them in as loose rolls. Comes up needing an override. Call sup down, she gets me to call bakehouse....the ONLY person in bakehouse was serving customers at the time (she's register trained). That one wasn't really sucky, but an example of the similar events.

2) Gentleman I noticed hopping between 2 registers-mine and my coworkers. He came up to mine, I scan one roll of toilet paper. He disputes price (understandable). I go to call groceries and he walks off! Seriously dude, I've had worse, so WHYY can you NOT wait five minutes to deal with something? We were busy as hell, you could clearly see that! And I'm also NOT psychic, so I wouldn't know the prices in the first place.

3) Lady comes up with reduced to clear squeezy herbs (I forget the name, basically it's something like chili, basil etc. in a squeezy tube) scan them, need an override. We were busy on the smokeshop counter, busy on the checkouts and our sup for the night was busy covering someone's teabreak. After the 6th call in a row, she gets annoyed and leaves it.

WHY do you not realise that I'm actually TRYING to solve the problem, not being a waste of time? Everyone is liable to a messed-up groceries transaction once in a while.

On the plus side though, my scanning rate went up so I'm almost at the target level! (our target rate is 16.5 items per minute) And I also managed to pass the produce test with flying colours. (donut peach, white peach, yellow peach, yellow nectarine, white nectarine, snow pea, black plum, red ball chili/pepper)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Database

Sounds like if someone fixed you computer database that you would have no problem meeting your scanning rate goal.

Comment

Egads, I understand your store is trying to combat shrink, but it sounds like they're shooting themselves in the foot regarding overrides and coverage. Sure it sucks that a customer gets upset with you, yet the store is basically setting everyone up for such suckiness. A customer shouldn't have to wait for you to call a manager 6 times to handle an override with you having no authority to correct something that costs a measely dollar or two. A sixty-dollar comforter I understand, but a squeezy tube of herbs? I'm sorry you had to deal with the angry customers, but I think your store's system is downright sucky.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

[QUOTE=fireheart17;484784]Partial suck here, because we were busy as hell.
        2) Gentleman I noticed hopping between 2 registers-mine and my coworkers. He came up to mine, I scan one roll of toilet paper. He disputes price (understandable). I go to call groceries and he walks off! Seriously dude, I've had worse, so WHYY can you NOT wait five minutes to deal with something? We were busy as hell, you could clearly see that! And I'm also NOT psychic, so I wouldn't know the prices in the first place.
        QUOTE]

Maybe he was cheap and REALLY had to go?

Comment

We have had SC's get mad and walk off when they bring up $100 worth of groceries to the register and not tell the cashier that they have only $50. When the inevitable "MGR KEY REQUIRED" message comes up with all the voids, they act all confused and offend that they have to wait for a manager or CDH.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            Sounds like if someone fixed you computer database that you would have no problem meeting your scanning rate goal.
            Based on my experience in performance metrics, the lag for system error is generally calculated in the expected rate. So, once the db errors are corrected and efficiency increased the expected rate will also. (sucks but that is the way it works in most places)
            Tamezin

Comment

[QUOTE=fireheart17;484784
              2) Gentleman I noticed hopping between 2 registers-mine and my coworkers. He came up to mine, I scan one roll of toilet paper. He disputes price (understandable). I go to call groceries and he walks off! [/QUOTE]

Why would you call someone in groceries for toilet paper?
              I see dumb people...

"I think I died long ago, and you two are my eternal punishment"
              "..."
              "You're like a constant downer, huh?"

Comment

Quoth Boredom View Post
                Why would you call someone in groceries for toilet paper?
                OK, this and another quote have prompted me to explain two things:

1) We ONLY require an override code if the reduced price is less than 60% of the original price, to prevent scammers and the like.
                2) I work in a supermarket. So anything that is not perishable, produce, meat/fish, smallgoods or bread is the responsibility of either groceries aka longlife, or us.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X