Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm already late, you expect me to wait in line?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm already late, you expect me to wait in line?

"Gentleman" today comes in, cuts the line and interrupts the cashier as she is helping another customer:

SC: I want tickets to the 3pm show! I don't care that it's already started, can I just get them now? (It was almost 4. And the line was VERY long, almost out the door.)

I call him over to talk to him as Cashier's customer is getting pissed that his transaction is being held up.

Me: Sir, you can buy tickets to a show that's already started but I'm afraid you'll have to wait in line.

SC: Just ring them up! I tried to buy them at the self-serve kiosk!

Me: I'm sorry, but the kiosk won't sell tickets to the show after it's been on for 20 minutes. The cashiers can override the system, but I must ask you to wait in line.

SC: I'm already HERE! And I'm LATE!

Me: Sir, all these people were waiting their turn. I cannot let you cut in front of all of them. How would you feel if you were waiting in line and someone insisted on cutting you?

SC: Gimme the corporate number. AND your name!

Me: Sure. *jots info* Have a great day.

My boss laughed his ass off when I told him the story. What a douchewaffle EW.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

It would have been great if while he was trying to buy tickets somebody had cut in front of HIM. Then somebody could cut in front of that person, and on and on until he was effectively in the back of the line again. Then he might have realized why queues are there for a reason
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Me: Sure. *jots info* Have a great day
      Let's hope you gave him a fake name!

Comment

"Sunshine" is always a popular fake name with me
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          "Sunshine" is always a popular fake name with me
          And my Mom gets asked almost every time if that's in fact, a nickname. They're speechless when she tells that it's her real name. . .

Well, it is. It's one of her middle names.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Why on Earth would anyone want to buy tickets to a show an hour after it has already started? Yeah, my darn common sense just prevents me from understanding this. I'd much prefer to wait for a later showing so that I can see the whole movie.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Meh, they make me wear a nametag with my real name...but only Ms. Lastname. And my addy/phone # is under a different last name. I have no worries he can make trouble workwise, I just don't want an entitled douchebag stalking me off the clock.

Oh well, I'm officially on leave now! YAY!

Comment

It just so happens that I have a fake name handy that I can give if necessary.

Comment

If he complains, he probably will say you refused to sell him a ticket without giving the most important detail: He was an hour late. He cut in line too, but of course he won't admit to that.

When I worked at the theater, we had people who wanted to buy a ticket 30 minutes to an hour after the movie started. Of course we still did it, but why would you want to pay for a movie and only watch 1/3 of it?

We even had some later comers who wanted to watch the part of the movie they missed during the next showing without buying a ticket. Never happened!

Comment

They put your last name on your name tag? I would not be comfortable with that. Last names make it a lot easier to find someone than first names (in general, unless your name is something like Smith...which mine is not).

Then again, with the "creative" naming people have started to embrace, in another generation it might not matter so much...you'd still be the only one in the phone book with that first name, too...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth spookysonata View Post
                      Me: Sir, all these people were waiting their turn. I cannot let you cut in front of all of them. How would you feel if you were waiting in line and someone insisted on cutting you?

You're right! I'm wrong! I'LL SUE!
                      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

It's not Smith, but it's not an uncommon name either. The name that my info is listed under, however, IS very common. He won't be finding me.

Comment

This is one thing I love about buying tickets on-line - cutting the line legitimately.

On New Years Day, my mates and I went to see Yes Man, and ordered online. We got to the cinema about 2 minutes before the session started, line was out the door. No worries, straight up to the E-ticket counter, the guy at the counter asked if we ordered online, we said we did, got our tickets and in the theatre before the previews started!

It was great.

Of course this SC in the OP wasn't doing this and is a complete knob.
                          the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Ever notice how people NEVER have time to wait their turn, but the same people ALWAYS have time to write long, rambling complaint letters or rant on the phone for hours to some poor operator at the company call center?
                            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
                            X