This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate this "joke"

This isn't really sucky but it still annoys me none the less.

Every time a trucker gets out of their truck and ambles over to the Guard shack the first thing they ask is, "Why did you let it get so cold out?"

Seriously do people actually think this is funny? I have heard it so many times I just don't bother to respond, but deep down inside I'd like to reach through the winow and strangle the person who dares make this lame joke.

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
    "Why did you let it get so cold out?"
    Because I've been waiting to strangle the next person who thought they were funny by asking that - it relieves my stress...

Sir? Did you want anything? I can't help you if you're running away...
    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

"Why did you let it get so cold out?"
      Because I hate you.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Start screaming with laughter. Really overdo it. Continue for about thirty or forty seconds. Slap your thighs - the works.

"Oh, I've never heard that one before," and say it through trying to laugh.

They'll get the hint, or be worthy of cleansing from the gene pool.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          Because I hate you.
          LOL I like that one... wonder if it would work on them...

Comment

I'm really a penguin in a human suit.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It really is annoying, but I guess the weather is just something that everybody feels they can use as a conversation starter.

I get tired of, "Did you order this weather?" or "Did you ask for all this snow?"
              Umm...right, because, if I had a choice or control over it, I would certainly make the weather as uncomfortable and annoying as possible.
              Really, if they just stopped and thought about what a stupid comment it is...
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I have heard it so many times I just don't bother to respond, but deep down inside I'd like to reach through the winow and strangle the person who dares make this lame joke.
                meh, all you have to do is imagine them being executed in many ways.... kept me warm since most of the ones who'd do that would keep the damn door open...or even better was when the door managed to get it's hinges real loose and we had a wind storm, slammed door into counter, took about a week to get it repaired.
                Last edited by Ree; 01-17-2009, 06:47 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

"Because I felt like choking out the next person who asks me that. Congratuations, come over here and claim your prize. Front or rear choke?"

I'm kidding, and I understand that CS doesn't promote violence.
                  Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

"Why? Well, I'm trying to lose these last few pounds, and I hope that maybe by freezing my ass off I'll finally fit in those size 6 jeans I've been craving."

Either that, or "My fridge broke, and I like my beer cold."

Comment

Then there's the other side of that...I get out of my truck and walk up to the guard shack and the guard asks, "Why did you bring all this cold weather with you?"

*mutters under breath*

Comment

"Why, I surely did! I just love all this beautiful white stuff! Jack Frost nipping at my nose!" gushed with a HUGE smile!

They will think you're insane and never say another word to you!
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I use public toilets, and I piss on the seat
                          I walk around in summertime saying "How about this heat?"

Sorry, for some reason this seemed relevent.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            I use public toilets, and I piss on the seat
                            I walk around in summertime saying "How about this heat?"
                            Mike's an Asshole, but we knew that about him already. *hugs*

Quoth Ree View Post
                            I would certainly make the weather as uncomfortable and annoying as possible.
                            Why not? I don't like pretty days, I enjoy rain. "Yeah? You don't like my drizzle? How about a downpour then?"
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                              It really is annoying, but I guess the weather is just something that everybody feels they can use as a conversation starter.
                              That's a pretty common way to start a conversation at my store, especially the last 3 or 4 days since we're having colder temps than normal.

It's lame but at least it's an ice-breaker.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X