This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're an asshole!

A female customer comes in with a young kid in tow. She asks for two different brands of cigarettes.

Red flag, she has a young kid with her and he's not getting anything. So I asked the kid for his ID.

I check his ID, he's 17. No go, so I told the lady I cannot sell her any cigs because she has a minor with her and I'm not taking chances of selling with the possibility that she'll hand'em over to a minor.

SC: But they're all for me!

Me: Ordering two different brands just for yourself? I don't think so. Have a nice day.

SC: You're an asshole!

She storms off. A minute later her husband or b/f comes storming in screaming about my refusal to sell her cigs and slams a $20 on the counter while demanding that I sell it to him with a btw, "One of those packs is for me, you fucking moron!!!"

Instead of replying to him, I turned to call 911 and requested assistance from a police officer as I have a very unruly customer berating me in a very threatening manner.

He grabs his money storms off in a hurry. Luckily for me, his rear side of his car is facing towards me, making it easy for me to tag it for the police when they arrive at my store.

I then call my boss who lives 5 mins away and appraised him of the situation. He comes over while I am talking to the cops. The cops follows my boss to view the security tapes and they leave w/ my boss in tow going home while tossing a "Good work!" and a smile.

Few hours later, the cops come back with some paperwork for me to fill out, making statements and such, I'll assume you all know the drill.

While I'm doing the paperwork, I find out all 3 are sitting in jail on charges of disorderly conduct because none of them would talk to the cops in a calm and normal manner.

Next SC please!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Good on your boss for praising you!
    I mean geez, how were you supposed to know the other pack was for her husband?
    Why did she say "they're both for me" then?

The husband also didn't need to get on your case, so much can be arranged when discussed in a calm manner.

Somebody needed a nicotine fix.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I'm glad those people got what they deserved. Customers.... they must think we are mindless robots with no feelings at all. I sure wish I could do that at my store, throw someone out for insulting or cussing at me. But my coworkers said I could not refuse service to anyone, or the Store Manager (who is an asshole anyway) would fire me on the spot.
      I had the same problem while working at the movie theatre. Parents would always buy tickets for their kids to see rated R movies, but of course they weren't going with them. Our policy was anyone under 17 had to have an adult go with them. You can imagine how many got mad at me. They would complain to the manager, who would turn them away. They just don't understand that we have to follow the rules. Think they care 1 bit that we'll get into trouble or maybe fired?! Of course not, all they want is to get their way like crybabies.

Comment

Be an asshole to one of us: wind up on CS.

Be an asshole to a cop: here's your bracelets (and your sign).

I hope this taught the morons a lesson about manners. Awesome job.
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
        Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

anyone else humming that Dennis Leary song now?

seriously that anal over it... must be going to an addiction to end all addictions

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
            Parents would always buy tickets for their kids to see rated R movies, but of course they weren't going with them.
            "Yeah, I know the movie's R rated. No I'm not going in. I plan to complain that the movie was not age appropriate when my 12 years old son comes back talking about boobs and blood."
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Then why didn't she bring her husband in with her instead of the kid?

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              "Yeah, I know the movie's R rated. No I'm not going in. I plan to complain that the movie was not age appropriate when my 12 years old son comes back talking about boobs and blood."
              Blood is OK. Boobs...no.

OT, there was a thread a while back with amusing juxtapositions of thread titles in the forums. Before I commented on this thread it was in the list like so:

I hate to break it to you...

You're an asshole!

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

What. The. Frig. Seriously. People are stupid.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ya know, my best friend had her son when she was 15. He is now 17 years old, and she learned about five years ago NOT to take him in the store with her when she was buying smokes, or alcohol.

Many times when they have gone out together to catch a movie or something, they've been mistaken for a couple. Much hilarity has ensued.

But seriously. She went to buy smokes once and he was with her. The cashier carded both of them, she left the store, went to a different one, left the kid in the car and got her smokes. Lesson learned. No screaming, no stupidity, no threats.

Some people NEVER mature.
                  Last edited by Lyra; 01-18-2009, 12:18 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling
                  If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Comment

Yeah but I didn't know that it was a crime to yell at someone and call them as asshole and a moron.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      anyone else humming that Dennis Leary song now?
                      But I'm not an asshole! I'm a bitch!
                      "What flavor of coffee do I want? COFFEE flavored coffee!"
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                        Yeah but I didn't know that it was a crime to yell at someone and call them as asshole and a moron.
                        Behaving in a threatening manner and causing someone to fear for their safety is, and you can ask the police to remove someone from the premises in a situation like that. I guess these police decided to go the extra mile after seeing the security tapes, and have a chat with the people, and when they mouthed off to the police is when they were arrested.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Many times when they have gone out together to catch a movie or something, they've been mistaken for a couple. Much hilarity has ensued.
                          That happened to a co-worker, only the reverse of it, so she was somewhat embarrassed ... she was out with her boyfriend (who was only a few years younger) and someone asked if he was her son.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            That happened to a co-worker, only the reverse of it, so she was somewhat embarrassed ... she was out with her boyfriend (who was only a few years younger) and someone asked if he was her son.
                            Heh, been there done that in reverse. I've been mistaken for my mom's boyfriend. Kinda left me speechless at the time.....
                            "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                            James from Pokémon.

Comment

I guess these police decided to go the extra mile after seeing the security tapes, and have a chat with the people, and when they mouthed off to the police is when they were arrested.
                              In that case that would make sense. I got a buddy that used to be a reserve deputy. He said there's all kinds of ways to get back at someone who gets detained and wants to be an asshole about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X