This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None of your business!

This guy came to my window with eleven hundred in black chips. Black chips are $100 each. And since he had more than 1000 I had to call the "pit" which is where the dealers/ pit bosses are. I've been told its for inventory--to call when we have 1000 or more black chips.

Me: Sir, what was the last game you were playing?

SC: Black Jack.

So I get on the phone and call the pit.

When I come back he is looking a bit irritated.

SC: That wasn't the only game I've played.

Me: That's okay we only need to know the last one.

SC: I don't think its ANY of your business anyway!

Me:

I had no idea what set him off. I tried to keep the shock off my face but he saw it.

SC: Didn't like that answer, did you!?

Me: Sorry sir, its for inventory purposes.

I got the money together and counted back to him.

SC: You did that too fast.

I can understand that because it comes with the job... I'm so used to money I don't even know how fast I count it back.

So he starts spreading the money unnecessarily slow across my counter. I can tell he's doing it to be an ass and to see if I counted wrong. I left the chips there so that he couldn't say that he had more. After five mins of watching him count slower than a turtle can walk, he finally grabbed his money.

Me: Have a nice night. (And I managed a smile too)

SC: Oh, THAT sounded sincere.

I actually didn't have any sarcasm in it. I could've. I could have told him to kiss my butt but I was nice to him. Go figure.

Heaven forbid he'd have more than 3000 and have to be logged! I wasn't insinuating that he stole the chips or anything but it is for inventory purposes.

Now, that would have raised suspicion to me...getting all huffy over me asking questions and following procedures. Giving the "none of your business" line when you are in fact WORKING for this business. Of course it's your business, he won, he has chips, you are the cashier - IT'S YOUR BUSINESS!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
    X