Clear All

• The Temptation is Strong.

SC: Sucky Caller
    Me: Take a wild guess.

Street names have been changed.

SC: What is your address?
    Me: 12345 Southbound Highway.
    SC: Is it close to French?
    Me: Yes. Just stay on the feeder (access to some of you out there) road for 00 Highway heading south for half a mile. We're on the right hand side.
    <click>
    Me: Gah, rude.

~~~ Some Time Later ~~~

Same guy calls. This is about an HOUR later.

SC: Are you on French or Roman?
    Me: Neither. It's 12345 Southbound Highway. Just stay on the feeder for ---
    <Click>
    Me

5 minutes to 3pm (my clock out time) the guy shows up. But doesn't check in right away. He has to argue with his taxi driver first because the driver wants to get paid and go do another pick-up. The SC then tries to get the driver to take his stuff up to his room! So I wound up clocking out nearly 20 minutes late. But who cares? I got paid for it.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

The SC then tries to get the driver to take his stuff up to his room!
    Good luck with that one!

Comment

what a lazy ass

Comment

Uh since when do people think the cabbi drivers are bringing their crap to their room??? Humans are weird...
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
          Humans are weird...
          That was the understatement of the year.

Comment

I've had Cabbies carry things for me before. But it's usually the situation that I've got two arms and six bags and the cabbie offers to grab something.

And even in that case, they take it to the door and that's it. I have to get it up to where I want it on my own. But hey, I appreciate a nice deed.

Anyway, I LOVE when people call you rude for being helpful. It's just one of those little gifts of being in the service industry.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

EQ, if you think that's bad, try explaining that I80 does in fact go two different directions (if I had a dollar for every person who went the wrong way on 80) or try explaining a frontage road (ie, use the North Temple frontage road... NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!!!!!!!)
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Oh Dear. I knew what a frontage road was before I left the prairie.

Comment

I freely admit I have issues with directions. EQ can attest to this. But even I could get somewhere with those directions!

And the whole carry my things for me attitude? What an ass. Seriously, I've never had a cabbie carry things for me. At most, they'll help unload my bag from the trunk. That's it. Their job is to drive, not haul. What a loser.

That's all I got.

Comment

At least the SC in the OP knew what a feeder or access road was. Neither exist in some parts of the country. I live in one of those areas, in Northern VA near Washington, DC, and I never heard of one until I went on vacation in TX a while ago. It wasn't even a situation of simply being ignorant or dumb because the interstates/freeways up here are set up so everything is off other (regular) roads that intersect with said interstate...there aren't feeder roads with car dealerships or other businesses on it.

So, even though the guy was extremely rude for hanging up, you have to give him some credit for being an SC with the amount of mental capacity to understand what a feeder road is! I'm sure there is at least one dolt in the OP's area that would ask what a feeder road is when they live in an area who has them!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Working...
                    X