This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mean Old Ladies.

At least Sharon Osborne has more manners than you.

So Old Bat #1 comes in, and wonders where the Biography section is. I try to show her, but another co-worker helps her as I deal with another situation. Time passes, and the woman goes to another Cashier and I overhear her doing the "I found it" schick. (they found the book despite our best efforts to find it, due to other co-workers shenanigans a/or customer stupidity throwing stuff haphazardly)

The kicker: she adds the accusation that the person helping her "lied" to her.

Okay, let's review the situation shall we?

Person who helped the lady bat looked up in the computer Sharon Osborne's Biography. She only finds the listing for the "normal" copies. Unknown to all of us at the time, we got some clearance stock, and guess what was in that shipment? Our fault, but then again, we can't know most of the stock all the time (alongside the comments of Have you read this book? Yeah, like I have an interest in reading about Twilight a/or Oprah's Recent Book pick/feature).

So the Miserable Old Bat is throwing around the accusation that we lied to her, and is getting extremely agitated with it. Now normally, I would just let them vent, but an accusation of Lying? The gloves are off.

So I try to interject by trying to tell the lady where she is wrong and explain out system. But another co-worker blocks me, and apologies to the woman for the service. The woman leaves angry, and I tell the co-worker not to do that again since I was trying to handle the situation. I really wanted to knock some sense into the woman.

"The Thrower"

This customer kept throwing her gift cards and "member card" onto the counter. No handing it to the cashier, no putting on the counter, just lobbed them onto the counter. I was watching this, and as I was on the phone, I couldn't exactly pipe up. So i leered at her.

Cashier had other ideas. He noticed that the cards were the older types, so the first one he swiped fast which would trigger the machine, and the others he lightly swiped, which didn't trigger the machine, so he had to manually type in the card numbers, delaying the woman and frustrating her.

Oh, but the computer also provided a bigger bonus to irk the woman more. One of the lady's gift cards was dead. As in no cash on it. Lady is frustrated as to why that card was dead. Cashier says that the card is depleted, no more cash on it according to the computer. Lady wants to know if we give dead cards back. We both say "No, we don't give dead cards back." Woman tells Cashier to dump the card.

As Cashier moves to another register to help another Customer after the transaction is done, Woman has a change of mind. She wants the card back and confront the person that gave her the card. Cashier quickly fishes the card from the trash, and tries to drop the card back onto the counter for the woman to pickup. As I watch, the card bounces and goes off the counter and onto the floor. Cashier grabs the card again from the floor and drops it in front of the lady to grab it. He then goes back to the other customer.

What is it with the old ladies today?

Well members of her generation fought a war, so she's entitled to have us disrespectful young whippersnappers be at her beck and call since she's better than us, don't you know?
    Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
      At least Sharon Osborne has more manners than you.
      Actually Sharon Osbourne is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She's great.

Friend of mine met her once while working at Ozfest
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
        Yeah, like I have an interest in reading about Twilight
        Oh, gods... I'm struggling to get through the first book...
        I'm about halfway through (I think... the copy my sister in law loaned me stops numbering the pages somewhere along the lines... no idea why) and I keep finding huge spelling errors, HUGE! I obsess over them a few minutes, and only then continue reading.
        Told Mom & Sister in law I don't think I can finish the book, cause Bella's a Mary Sue. Cue hour long explanation of what a Mary Sue is, and why she is... They don't agree.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          I'm about halfway through (I think... the copy my sister in law loaned me stops numbering the pages somewhere along the lines... no idea why) and I keep finding huge spelling errors, HUGE! I obsess over them a few minutes, and only then continue reading.
          Told Mom & Sister in law I don't think I can finish the book, cause Bella's a Mary Sue. Cue hour long explanation of what a Mary Sue is, and why she is... They don't agree.
          Same thing with Da Vinci Code. I was glancing over a friend's copy and immediately blurted out, "Did no one spell-check this monster?!" It was horrible. And as a stickler for grammar, I couldn't get past a few pages before handing it back, sighing.

No wonder people don't speak correctly anymore...

Comment

When you started talking about the old lady throwing the cards, all i could think of was the lady that threw flowers at my head because I couldn't find their product code. It turned out she had taken them from the arrangements fridge, which wasn't for sale. Whatever.

SHE THREW FLOWERS AT MY HEAD!

I've also had old ladies put in complaints about me because of my piercings. Which are currently down to a industrial that I can't remove.

I'm so happy I work at my school, so that everyone I have to take care of knows me and knows how i can't DESTROY them if they give me too much hassle.

Finally, I would have been pissed at my co-worker, too. They have no right to apologize for you. That isn't proper.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
              When you started talking about the old lady throwing the cards, all i could think of was the lady that threw flowers at my head because I couldn't find their product code. It turned out she had taken them from the arrangements fridge, which wasn't for sale. Whatever.

SHE THREW FLOWERS AT MY HEAD!

I've also had old ladies put in complaints about me because of my piercings. Which are currently down to a industrial that I can't remove.

I'm so happy I work at my school, so that everyone I have to take care of knows me and knows how i can't DESTROY them if they give me too much hassle.

Finally, I would have been pissed at my co-worker, too. They have no right to apologize for you. That isn't proper.
              I had a CW do that to me just the other day. You see, we can't stop what we're doing and search for missing pairs of shoes, which happens since we can't tag them anymore...whatever. I explain this on the phone as I'm paged, but our Door Agent has already told the customer we would [Gar] so I had to waste time doing that...

@ Hinakiba:

excuse my squirrely-ignorance, but, there are piercings you can't remove...?

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                I had a CW do that to me just the other day. You see, we can't stop what we're doing and search for missing pairs of shoes, which happens since we can't tag them anymore...whatever. I explain this on the phone as I'm paged, but our Door Agent has already told the customer we would [Gar] so I had to waste time doing that...

@ Hinakiba:

excuse my squirrely-ignorance, but, there are piercings you can't remove...?
                Well that's just furstrating.

@Hobbs

Yes there are piercings I cannot remove. Despite numerous attempts, I cannot seem to remove either ball from the barbell in my ear. So it can't be taken out. On a less urgent note, the piercing won't be healed completely until next September. Which means I am not allowed to remove it.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  I actually am surprised I haven't seen people complain about what happens in Breaking Dawn. When I found out that spoiler, I was going like . I mean, your allowing kids to read about THAT??

Still, about the old ladies, sheesh.

Comment

Well, to be honest, I have to agree with how your coworker handled the first old lady. No, it was nowhere near as satisfying for you, but it did get the customer out of everyone's face and out of the store. Apologizing for bad service someone got doesn't mean they're acknowledging that you (or whoever served the woman) lied to the customer. It's a platitude that makes the customer feel better and gets them out of your way. Anything else will simply escalate the situation and simply isn't worth it.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

She wants the card back and confront the person that gave her the card.
                      what is it about this attitude from the hag that bothers me the most? oh, yes, it's the likelihood that she's already used the card, forgotten this fact and chooses to ignore reality.

seriously, take your damn meds already.

for all her ranting about wanting that book, bat #1 won't learn anything from it, despite her desparate need for what sharon might have to say, sadly.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                        Apologizing for bad service someone got doesn't mean they're acknowledging that you (or whoever served the woman) lied to the customer. It's a platitude that makes the customer feel better and gets them out of your way. Anything else will simply escalate the situation and simply isn't worth it.
                        Actually in court apologizing can be taken as an admission of guilt.
                        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          Just toss the book, if you have to struggle, it's not worth reading.

Comment

Working...
                          X