Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I make my own rules since I dont like yours?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I make my own rules since I dont like yours?

Guest: Hi Dave, I was on your website and wanted to reserve a property but I was looking at your cancellation policy and I dont like it, it says I have to have trip insurance if I cancel within 30 days of arrival. When I rented with your competitor, it wasnt that way, they just gave you a refund, no questions asked and I also dont like paying in advance, when I rented with your competitor, payment was due at check in.

Me: We require payment in advance so our owners dont lose money if you cancel at the last minute

Guest: I wont cancel at the last minute

Me: yes but a lot of people do

Guest: also, when I rented at your competitors, they mailed the keys and I was wondering if you could do that

Me: no ma'am

Guest: but when we rented with them, we would just promise not to go in until it was ready...you guys dont do that?

Guest: well I mean.......is there any way you could kinda go by their policies since that is what we're used to?

Guest: but we rented with them for years but wanted to try something different, there is no way a special exception could be made

Me: these are our policies, ma'am

Guest: I was hoping you would be a little more flexible...can you ask a supervisor? I mean I want to rent this property but I feel like your policies are too harsh and I would like you to give us what we're used to

Me: It wont do any good to ask a supervisor, we cant just change all our policies

Guest: you're not very accomodating, I am just asking for a little flexibility, your competitior was always flexible. You know if you're gonna have these strict policies, people arent going to want to rent with you. If you want to have your manager call me, you might be able to get my business, lemme give you my number

Guest: ok got it

Guest: I bet you dont even give that number to your manager. Well I am not calling back so if he doesnt call me, you just lost yourself a customer

Me: ok I will let him know

Guest: whatever

So you lost a "customer" who wanted to flout the cancellation policy, wanted the keys mailed to his/her home, didn't want to pay in advance like everybody else, and only "promised" not to go into the property until it was ready.

Boo. Fuck. Ing. Hoo. I think I would've just told them "If you don't like our policies, why don't you go back to your old company then?"
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I wish "customers" would understand the concept of actually being a customer:

You're not a customer until you pay. Therefore you not calling a company back doesn't mean they lost a customer. They got rid of an EW.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
        is there any way you could kinda go by their policies since that is what we're used to?

but wanted to try something different
        Ah... pime taradox much? You can't have one way and the other, lady. Either you want something new, or you want the same old sh*t...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
          Guest: also, when I rented at your competitors, they mailed the keys and I was wondering if you could do that

Guest: but when we rented with them, we would just promise not to go in until it was ready...you guys dont do that?

That would be Oh Hell No. If you were renting my property and I found out you were mailing out my keys, I would cancel contract and change locks.

Somehow I doubt this other real estate agency exists. In teh words of one of the assistant managers of teh fabric store "Is this a customer we want to keep?"

Comment

Ok.. so to recap.. she wanted..

Keys in advacne in the mail with..

- no deopsit
            - no penalty for cancellation at the last minute
            - no trip insurance

hmmm.. really shocking you guys couldn't acommodate her "demands."
            I will never go to school!

Comment

VRS, I get so excited every time I see a new post by you.
              They make my day.

I am sure they don't make your day, but thought you should know, I love them!
              "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
              "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Given her demands she sounds like she's no longer welcome at the competitor's. How I would LOVE to hear what ths tried to pull there. (Got the keys in the mail, showered up early and refused to pay?)

Comment

Juwl beat me to the response I wanted to make, so I'll dub this a -a-thon and check out other threads.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    Juwl beat me to the response I wanted to make, so I'll dub this a -a-thon and check out other threads.
                    To compound on my previous post:
                    Sure, you're comfortable with the same old sh*t, but... it's still sh*t.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                    X