This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Center Cards

I've been with Staples forever. Our original self-serve copiers were pay-as-you-go. They only took bills and change. They were a pain in the butt because they jammed all the time. People dealt with it.

Then we switched to pay after you copy, and tons of people walked off without paying for their copies. Cheapskates who didn't want to pay $.05 for a stinking copy.

Now we've got pre-paid copiers again. Both black and white and color (CLEARLY marked which is which and that the B&W are 7 cents, the color 49 cents.. plus tax)

The process is a little different now though. You either use a credit card, or you can get a card and put credit on it with bills ($1 - $20). The only problem comes when people want just ONE copy.

Customers who don't want to put in a dollar or use their card have to go to the counter and pre-pay for the number of copies they want.

Here comes the suckage:

- "But I don't know how many copies I want" ... um... then either put in a bunch of money and get a refund or keep adding! Or use your credit card!

- "I only want ONE copy, this is such a hassle." Sorry, that's the way it works now. Or you can wait and have us do it and charge you full service. Not gonna happen.

- "I need help." - Apparently the big green START button isn't big or green enough. And the big sign that has all the instructions on the machine is too small to read. And you've never seen a copy machine before in your life. And you can't tell that the picture shows you putting your copies FACE DOWN on the glass.

- "where do I stick the money?" I guess the big machine right next to where you're standing that's flashing instructions is kinda subtle.

- "I can't get it to stop" Well, if you hit the 1 button a few times before hitting start it's gonna try to copy 111 times like the screen says. And I guess the RED button doesn't mean stop in your world. Welcome to mine.

- A pastor came in and needed like 10 copies and needed them NOW for a funeral. He didn't want to wait for full service and wanted to pay with a $100 bill. The copy center person had her register tied up, so paged me over. I was tied up with another customer, so the copy center person just made the copies real quick and gave it to him. Instead of thanking her, he stormed out, came back with $1 and said "I didn't want charity, I just wanted my copies." EXCUSE ME for trying to be helpful!

- If you put $1 on the card and you only make 1 copy you CAN use the card like a gift card. OR you can re-use it for other copies. I can't tell you how many times customers DEMANDED refunds... and then bought more stuff. Or got money back then refilled the cards. WTF?!?

- We don't give change or activate cards at customer service. The lady in blue standing right next to the machines is there for that. Go talk to her, she's lonely without you.

Quoth Mara-chan View Post
    - "where do I stick the money?" I guess the big machine right next to where you're standing that's flashing instructions is kinda subtle.
    Several other places spring to mind.
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Working...
    X