This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or having the password or pin be 1111.

Wait! The mailman has overheard me, I must go whack him!

I usually would look away when someone would put in their pin number as well.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      How old was the kid? Was the application for the mother or the kid?

I was under the impression that it was for her. She never said anything about her son. He seemed kind of young, 15-16 maybe but who knows.

I was just put off by her attittude, like she expected us to take her resume NOW!

The application online has an area to fill in all your previous jobs or experience. Even when I dabbled in hiring, no one ever brought in a resume.

If it was for the kid, he should just leave mom at home.
      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

In the pre-computer era during which I started working, people would come in with resumes and attach them to the applications they filled out. HR would throw away any application that had "see resume" written in the previous employment or education areas of the application. It happened on about one out of every three applications even though the application stated in bold letters that the applicant was not to do it. The complany took it to mean that the applicant was not capable of reading instructions or following directions.

I am willing to bet this woman thought she could do the same thing for this application.
        Last edited by South Texan; 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
          You once commented we were seperated at birth.

Coincidentally, the downstairs neighbor was painting HER apartment today, and the fumes have made me goofy (or more goofy than usual) as hell all day.
          Ok, now I'm getting scared!

Oh, that was fun! I was glad to go to work to get away from it. Gave me one hell of a headache, too. Then, when I got home, even though it got really cold in here, I opened the windows for a while so I could breath!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post

The application online has an area to fill in all your previous jobs or experience. Even when I dabbled in hiring, no one ever brought in a resume.
            We're the opposite. We don't take resumes, people need to fill out an application online. Even though it has areas for work experience and all that, you can still attach a resume if you wish
            We still get people bringing in the odd resume. None of them have been hired.
            One of the funniest stories I remember though was I was working on the register closest to the service desk and someone comes up to me and asks ME for a job. Bear in mind, I am NOT a supervisor. I was also in the middle of serving a customer.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
            X