This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    You know, axes and blades are fine for day-to-day work, but nothing really matches the satisfaction of beating that special someone with a mainframe keyboard from 1976. Thanks IBM!
    Those keyboards look similar to the ones we had in our Data Processing class that I took in high school - in the mid/late 1980's.

And those monochrome monitors . . . we had terminals with either a green or an amber monitor. No 256 colors had we back then, unless one of the students were sneaky enough to take a gander at the instructor's Mac when he wasn't in the lab with us - and even his monitor had only black and white.
    Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 01-25-2009, 05:29 PM.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Mid to late 80s would very likely have been the legendary IBM Model M. Widely regarded as The Best Keyboard Ever Made™.

I have two of them. One is technically old enough to buy alcohol. It still works just fine.

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
        Now the owner might expect the renters to complain if it's not clean or tidy, but his idea of clean and tidy are FAR different from that of a "normal" person's. Even Drill Instructors aren't THAT anal about things.

CH
        Are you sure? I once had a retired military man refuse to rent at my hotel and leave in a huff because he couldn't bounce a quarter off the bed.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
        X