This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sucky, just stupid

I just realized I never told this story on here before! It is the classic tale of a lady, a credit card swiper, and the lack of a brain...

To start the story we must set the tone, it is me mid afternoon and I am standing around manning the register at "Large home improvement store that rimes with "Toes"" when a middle aged lady comes through my lane. She seems generally harmless. A small smile, a slight complaint about a sale item we were out of that we really should have had more in. Usual stuff, the transaction was wrapping up and I was already letting my brain go back to no customer dead zone when I noticed her having trouble with the card swiper.
    Lets Begin...

RK-- Me

DL--Dumb Lady

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    RK-- Can I help you with that?

DL- *Swiping card furiously then slashing wildly with pen* This....thing....wont...work!

RK- Um, swipe the other side of the card, the side with the stripe.

DL- Oh! *Swipes card. Starts punching numbers with fingers*

RK- *face palm* You have to use the pen mam. "No clue why she used the pen in the first place then stopped..."

DL-*Sighs. Picks up pen and punches in numbers. Goes to sign name* This pen won't work!

RK- Oh well let me..

DL- It's out of ink! I thought it was marking those numbers awfully light! This is stupid, you should really refill these!

RK....... It runs on electricity....

DL- Well then it's out of electricity! How hard is it to refill these things? What do they train you for?

She paid her stuff and walked out muttering about how lazy we all were. And I spent the rest of the day wondering how exactly someone would refill an electric pen...

. And I spent the rest of the day wondering how exactly someone would refill an electric pen...[/QUOTE]

batteries!!!

Comment

Quoth RetailKate View Post
      how exactly someone would refill an electric pen...
      Electric slide. Lots of the electric slide.
      whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth saranykm View Post
        . And I spent the rest of the day wondering how exactly someone would refill an electric pen...
        batteries!!! [/quote]

That or electric ink
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The same stuff they use for the Power Ball!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Failtacular- A fail so spectacular, it's almost a win.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Oh, that is funny.

Comment

Quoth RetailKate View Post
                And I spent the rest of the day wondering how exactly someone would refill an electric pen...
                Go over to the carpet area and scruff your feet on some ultra-shag. That'll do the trick. At least, it caused a small blister on my sister's nose when I did so and touched her nose when I was a kid.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Wow, I never heard of someone so stupid to actually believe the pen (really a stylus-like device) at the credit card machine actually has to be refilled!

She is probably the one who goes around the Playskool aisle and wonders why the toy cell phone doesn't dial out, or why the toy guitar has no real strings and instead has buttons.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

What an idiot.

Although, I personally vote for stupid AND sucky, because she was a bitch to you about it too.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                    X