Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I knew I was going to have to deal with people's crap, but this is ridiculous. *Gross

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew I was going to have to deal with people's crap, but this is ridiculous. *Gross

So sometimes even cashiers get to clean up people's crap, apparently. Yes, I had my first experience in cleaning up another person's shit. I left my lane to wash my hands because I got some cleaning stuff on my hands from a leaky bottle and my hands were starting to sting. As soon was a I walk in, I notice that there's a mushy pile of crap sitting on the floor in one of the stalls. It's also smeared on the toilet seat. There was a brief surreal moment, where I had difficulty processing what I was seeing. Crap? Was I really seeing a pile of dookie sitting on the floor? Who? How? Why? Dear God, WHY??? I went out and told the supervisor, who was finishing helping a a customer at guest service along with the girl working the service desk (who's job it normally is to clean up bathroom messes). Basically they said that they were told about it but never got around to cleaning it. Uh, what? There's crap on the floor, people. Then the supervisor invited me to grab some gloves and a mop and clean it up myself. She asked if I would have a problem in doing so. I agreed to do it. It wasn't really a big deal for me. Not pleasant, certainly, but I put up with so much bullshit from guests at the front lanes that it was actually somewhat of a relief just to get away, even if I WAS cleaning up a horrible pile of shit off the floor. If it was PUKE, then I probably WOULD have been gagging.

I don't know why the guest service girl couldn't clean it. A lot of times the cart attendant will clean messes, but for the last two hours we're open we don't have a cart attendant. It was the store's brilliant idea to make everyone else, sometimes cashiers, go out in blizzards and take in the rest of the carts after close). It allows them to save a whopping fourteen dollars.

I've always said I have a crappy job.

I am so thankful that I don't have to smell my customers or even talk to them (I handle customer e-mails & online orders). However, I really feel sorry for those in retail who have to deal with customer messes.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I've said for a long while that I think all bathrooms need to be able to be hosed down (with an actual hose -- that pumps hot water, maybe cleaning solution too) into a drain that goes into the sewer. Whenever seeing any mess in a bathroom, I've always thought "no one can be paid enough to clean up that crap"

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
        I've said for a long while that I think all bathrooms need to be able to be hosed down (with an actual hose -- that pumps hot water, maybe cleaning solution too) into a drain that goes into the sewer. Whenever seeing any mess in a bathroom, I've always thought "no one can be paid enough to clean up that crap"
        AGREED - 1000% - I worked at a truck stop (with 2 showers, one women's room, one men's room) for FIVE YEARS (night shift) and yes - flat out refused to the manager on duty, the actual manager & the district manger, to clean them. Yes, I could have been fired (I guess), but we had "floor people" hired to do this particular job - their only job besides pulling trash, stocking the cooler, making coffee, etc. I told more than one manager face to face that my less than $8 an hour (much less, but won't go there right now) that fired or not - NOT DOING IT - not now - not ever. Anybody know what truckers do to a mens room? and I heard more than once - you fire her - you will lose my $300 fuel bill every night of the week. Thank god for my regulars - they still miss me.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
        RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
          I am so thankful that I don't have to smell my customers or even talk to them (I handle customer e-mails & online orders). However, I really feel sorry for those in retail who have to deal with customer messes.
          Agreed!!! As bad as my job gets, stories like this remind me of exactly how much worse it could be.

I take 'figurative shit' all day long from customers, but thankfully I've never had to deal with LITERAL shit.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Count yourself lucky that yours was in the bathroom.

I used to work for Home Depot years ago. I had a construction worker in my line that smelled horribly of poo. He was wearing shorts. Yes, there was a brown stripe running down his leg. Someone in the tool section found a piece of it on the ground not long after he left. I don't know how some people function in every day life!

Comment

Quoth Toysarenotme View Post
              Count yourself lucky that yours was in the bathroom.

I used to work for Home Depot years ago. I had a construction worker in my line that smelled horribly of poo. He was wearing shorts. Yes, there was a brown stripe running down his leg. Someone in the tool section found a piece of it on the ground not long after he left. I don't know how some people function in every day life!
              I wonder if the guy knew or didn't know he shat himself. I'm guessing he did and was proud of it. Even if he had medical problems, I couldn't imagine just letting go in public like that!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

I would never clean up poo ever.
                No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                  The custodians have something like that here.Its called a kayvac and basically its a vacuum that has chemicals and extremly hot water in it. They clean the bathrooms with it twice a week no matter what. It comes in handy when the college girls decide to throw up their food in the bathroom. Think I'm kidding it happens 10 or more times a day.

Comment

I remember seeing a child's bathroom rebuild in some magazine and they had done exactly that: All the walls and the floor were tiled and there was a drain in the center of the floor. You could, literally, hose the entire room down.

If I ever have my own house, that's what I'm doing. I'll go through gallons of Shower Fresh, but it will be worth it.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

For some of the bathrooms I've seen, water wouldn't be enough.

The entire thing is made of ceramic and metal, right? Just close the door and turn on a flamethrower or something. Cleanse it with fire! Then hose it down after. Even then, I don't want to go back in there.

I also flat out refused to clean the restrooms. Seriously, if I wanted to clean up other people's crap, I would've been a plumber and I'd make 10x what they were paying me. Sure, I'll happily refill the toilet paper, soap, and paper towels, but clean the restrooms? Not in my job description! Not doing it!

Comment

Working...
                      X