This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you're joking right?

OK, so I just got what had to be the dumbest sucky question I've heard this year.

guest- I'd like to put my rewards number on my room.
    me- what's the room number
    guest- (room)
    me- I'm sorry, I can't do rewards on this room.
    guest- why not?
    me- because the airline is paying for it, we can only do rewards on rooms that guests pay for.
    guest- why the hell would you have a rule like that
    my brain- *a fatal error has occured: retry, abort, fail*

seriously, you need me to explain to you why I can't give you rewards for a room SOMEONE ELSE is paying for

Good lord the entitlement of some people, they want a free room, to be the best room in the house, then get rewards points for it too... it's a free room
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Hmmm...... someone seems like an idiot...
    Otaku

Comment

That was blatant poor customer service, Smiley. You should be ashamed of yourself. Also fired.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

He may have been a sucky jerk-off in terms of how he asked but it wasn't a dumb question at all.

Getting frequent flier points, whether for air travel or hotel stays, has nothing to do with who pays the bill. The whole point to FF points is to give corporate guy a reason to pick one airline over another, one hotel chain over another, when the company paying the bill is indifferent.

Now in his case, if the airline was comping him a night's stay, then, yeah, he's probably not going to get FF points. Just as certain free/super-discounted airline tickets don't accrue FF points.

But he wasn't a dumbass to ask.

And if he did it nicely . . . .

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post

And if he did it nicely . . . .
          oh, of course he wasn't nice about it... he's of course going to complain to corporate... corporate, not having a spine, will cave and give him the points anyway, despite the fact that it is a fairly reasonable policy... hell, we're one of the few hotels that allow rewards on negotiated rates... quite a few franchises are now putting limits on how low your rate can be and still earn reward points.

Comment

The point of a Rewards system is to encourage customers to spend more money at the place. If they aren't spending any money, why give them points?

It's like someone demanding rewards points when they are on vacation and Uncle Vick is paying for the rooms.

Vick gets the points. No points for anyone else.
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

you should have give him the rewards and get FIRED!!! j/k

juss messin wih ya !!!

Comment

I tell that to the people staying in <New Hotel> with FEMA. No, you can't put your member number on the room.
                Because FEMA is paying for the rooms, dingus.
                No, you don't get the free breakfast coupons either. Only Members get those and only if they're paying for the rooms.
                Because FEMA is paying for your rooms! That's why!
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                  The point of a Rewards system is to encourage customers to spend more money at the place. If they aren't spending any money, why give them points?

It's like someone demanding rewards points when they are on vacation and Uncle Vick is paying for the rooms.

Vick gets the points. No points for anyone else.
                  "If they aren't spending any money, why give them points?"

But if I work for IBM, say, I get the FF points. Smiley eagle got it right. Some corporate negotiated rates include FF points for the customer. Others don't.

The OP's SC was a SC for how he asked, not for the fact that he asked.

I spent last Christmas in NYC using up a friend's expiring FF hotel nights that he earned courtesy of IBM. IBM paid the bills, he got the points, I got 4 free nights in a fancy hotel.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
                    Smiley eagle got it right. Some corporate negotiated rates include FF points for the customer. Others don't.
                    and where I work it's very simple to remember... any rate that a guest pays (negotiated or otherwise) earns points, any rate a guest doesn't pay doesn't... that is how the both the current and previous management negotiated all contracts and it's not likely to change soon. I can't stand the guests that use the "but our contract includes points at (insert hotel in different franchise)"... well guess what, your contract is negotiated franchise to franchise, just because they want to include them doesn't mean we want.

And there's good reason not to want to include them... namely that every time we reward points we have to pay corporate for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X