This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...But we haven't called you yet?

A lady boards her two dogs with us from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve (a Pomeranian amd a German Shepard, if anyone cares). She also brought a pillow/bed/thing for the Pom to sleep on (we do provide bedding, by the way).

New Year's Eve, and lady coes to pick up her pups. And procedes to have a screaming shit fit about how we lost her dog's bed.

Quick bit of background: we had about 250 dogs in house during that time. Almost all of them brought food, toys, or bedding. "Happy-Time" kennels makes owners sign a contract that states, among other things, that we are not responsible for lost or damaged property. Oh, yeah, the German Shepard eats bedding, and the dogs were together.

Back to the story: We get a discription of the bed, and tell lady we will call her when we find it. Lady tells us it is a white, square fleecy bed with raised sides.

Time passes, and whe still don't find the bed. Lady has shown up three times now trying to get her bed (manager thinks she never brought a bed, and she just wants money), lady leaves after the third time, bitching that we won't pay her the $50 the bed costy her.

Oh, and the bed now does not have raised sines, and is silky on the bottom.

Today: We find what we believe is the bed. (it's cream, and rectangular) Owner has been called, and I will tell y'all if it is the bed.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

The first description of the bed sounds like the crate pad we bought our dog. It's not very fluffy and she (the dog) always manages to get it all bunched up in one corner of her crate. Had I known it was THAT crappy, I would have bought a different one.

This woman really needs to get her story straight if she's going to scam. At least make it believable. But of course any REASONABLE person wouldn't bring a toy or bed to a kennel unless they wouldn't be heartbroken if it got lost, or they'd have a spare.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

So, the lady hasn't come for her bed yet. I'll update when she does.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Do you take an inventory of the animals' belongings when they check in?
        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

That's why I never brought toys when I had to board the kitty. Even though they were usually cheap, he'd grown attached to some of them...and if they got lost, he didn't like the replacements.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We were told the same thing when we boarded Pablo overnight to go to a wedding. We brought his blankets anyway, just so he could feel a little more at home (since they smells like home). They were not lost, but if they had been we would have said, OK, well if you find it please let us know. And we would have found him another blanket. (Actually, my mom made his one blanket, and she could easily make him another in a few days. The other one is actually Ex's and I wouldn't have cared either way if it was lost, because it just sits in the front room folded up to make a bed, which Pablo probably doesn't sleep in anyway when he's left home alone.)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If we were boarding our dog, we'd pick one of our oldest towels or blankets, each make a point of sitting or sleeping with it for a day or two, then bring that in with the dog.

We'd put a nametag on it for the boarding place's convenience, but we would be expecting it to be unusable as a towel or blanket by the time we picked our girl up. It'd be there to be a comfort thing for her, and we'd be fine for the kennels to inherit it when we were done.

Expecting a kennel - there to tend the dogs - to treat a thing with kid gloves is most unreasonable, IMO.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
              X