This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I smell a scammer

Guest: yea Dave, when I saw this property on your website, the house looked bright and airy and I get here and this is not what I expected. This place is so old. I think the only thing holding these curtains together is the dust and the carpets are stained and the overall decor is not even close to being up to par.

Me: OK would you like to move?

Guest: no because thats very inconvenient, I'd like compensation

Me: ok my manager is on the phone right now but I can have her call you

Guest: no I am coming up there

She did come up. I could hear her up front

Guest: You know, this is unacceptable...that place looked really nice on the website, you people owe me money back because you rated this property a 4 star when it isnt. It is very old and tired looking and just not what I am used to. I know a 4 star place when I see it and this is not even close and when I call to voice my displeasure, I am simply asked if I want to move but that doesnt address the problem. The problem is why was I booked there in the first place. Why was I lied to? Why was I made to believe that place was something it wasnt? The person who booked lied to me. I shouldnt have to pack up and move to suit you people, you're gonna have to give me a refund or dinner coupons or something to compensate me for this. MY father in law has a heart condition and has been waiting in the car because I am scared of what might happen if he sees this place.

But he wont have a heart attack, if they get money back.....hmmmmm

What a biatch

I'd think any house in that bad shape wouldn't be listed for long. Is someone going to go down to the place to see if it's as bad as he claims?
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Wait. She hasn't even unpacked (father-in-law still is in the car) but it will be too inconvenient to move, yet it is not too inconventient to go over to your office to complain while leaving father-in-law in the car?

Anyway, how much did your spineless manager end up giving her?
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
        Anyway, how much did your spineless manager end up giving her?
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't VRS's manager have a spine?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't VRS's manager have a spine?
          Not very often.

Comment

Wow, that SC probably complains at fast food places when the burger doesn't look like it did on the ads...

I find her story hard to believe.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Well, the OP's manager will usually give 10-20 percent off for vague and useless reasons, so the same will probably happen here. Though I hope there are dinner coupons to hand out, because 10% off of a couple grand is more expensive than most meals run. Just my thoughts

And BTW, old-looking may mean rustic and with an antique flair. I would *hope* the comments about dirt and dust are unfounded, and considering the woman's asshattery, it probably is.

There are many older hotels/rentals that qualify for four star, even if they aren't shiney and new. My previous hotel was four star, even though the rooms were old and dim-looking. We had banquet facilities and a five-star restaurant and bar. Unfotunately, the newer Embassy Suites down the road could offer the same price for bigger and newer rooms with fridge/microwave in each. Embassy was far from a four star. It all depends on what you're looking for.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
              X