This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case of the Moving Newspapers.

3 months ago we had a slight reorganisation of the store.

SC: (wanders around the store for 5 minutes) "Where's the newspaper?"
    Me: "Just near the door there."
    SC: "Ah, you moved it."

Now you'd have thought that the regulars would have learned where the newspapers are by now. But no! One guy comes in every morning and repeats the above. Every. Single. Morning. For 3 months. A lot of them do it, but that one guy's by far the worst.

I usually only have to ask once.... Although I still have that terrible habit of trying to hand the clerk my debit card when the cardslider is right in front of me. It's retarded, I know. But it's my one consistent fault. I'm starting to get better... slowly.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

It would seem, about two weeks ago, they got rid of the Newspaper machine in the hotel I work at. Supposedly, the Chronical (the local Houston newspaper) wasn't servicing the machine like they were supposed to so we got rid of it.

I learn this today. When a coworker goes "Where'd the Newspaper machine go?"
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
        I usually only have to ask once....
        Asking once is OK, it's what most people did. There are just a few who can't grasp the concept that the newspaper display is in a different place and have to ask for it every single time.

Comment

Working...
        X