Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst day ever had me in tears by its end. (longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do hope the old lady was set straight about the fact that she was being scammed - were the proper authorities notified, and did she finally realize what was being done to her?

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
      I do hope the old lady was set straight about the fact that she was being scammed - were the proper authorities notified, and did she finally realize what was being done to her?
      Aye, I'd like to know as well. Not that your plight wasn't any less worse, but thousands of dollars? And an elderly lady, no less? Some people need to be Boondock Sainted, IMHO...

Surprisingly, my night was similar. Page for something and wait to not get it [sigh]. Not as bad, though, so I'll just offer a taco and a pat on the back.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        Oh yeah, sorry I skimmed over that part.

The moneygram people spoke to her and told her they'd been monitoring her account. She told them why she was sending money, and she was on the phone for about 15 minutes maybe, explaining why she would send money.

They were able to give her the money back from the transaction that day ($1,009.45), and when they spoke to me again they strongly advised me that we shouldn't allow her to send money again. They said if she sent from another store or something, they would hold the money like they did that day. She kept saying how stupid she was, and how she couldn't believe she was falling for it.

If you ask me, I think she might be too old to be living by herself, she could barely walk, and didn't seem all that put together. It was only when she said she had to get her phone from the car, did I realize she must've driven there!

I told my supervisor, who wrote her name down, and I told the other girl that came in for the night shift about it.

She must come in the mornings when I don't usually work, because I hadn't seen her around much, so I have to inform some of the other workers as well.

As for authorities, I don't know what can be done about that. I'm only one person working at a moneygram location. :/

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
          Oh yeah, sorry I skimmed over that part.

The moneygram people spoke to her and told her they'd been monitoring her account. She told them why she was sending money, and she was on the phone for about 15 minutes maybe, explaining why she would send money.

They were able to give her the money back from the transaction that day ($1,009.45), and when they spoke to me again they strongly advised me that we shouldn't allow her to send money again. They said if she sent from another store or something, they would hold the money like they did that day. She kept saying how stupid she was, and how she couldn't believe she was falling for it.

If you ask me, I think she might be too old to be living by herself, she could barely walk, and didn't seem all that put together. It was only when she said she had to get her phone from the car, did I realize she must've driven there!

I told my supervisor, who wrote her name down, and I told the other girl that came in for the night shift about it.

She must come in the mornings when I don't usually work, because I hadn't seen her around much, so I have to inform some of the other workers as well.

As for authorities, I don't know what can be done about that. I'm only one person working at a moneygram location. :/
          Well, there are people to report scams to. Since this is a Moneygram...and international, this is a problem for the FBI or Interpol.

You know better than me what type of scam this might be, I think, so here's the link:
          http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
            If there is an offence it needs to be reported to the originating country's authorities, i.e. the Jersey payments? Off to Jersey police you go.

It's an absolute pig but that's why scammers live in another country to you, it makes it much harder to catch them.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Wow!!!!! I'm amazed you lasted the whole day without slapping someone.....well done to you for keeping it going and shame on your bosses for treating you so badly. There must be some good companies out there that would love a worker like you....time to get a new job....
              In a perfect world the customer would always be right but this world is not perfect and the customer is always f***** mental!!!!

Comment

Quoth Wade View Post
                That's an excellent idea, Karma Gypsy! Seriously - we lean on each other to vent, why can't we stick together when it gets so bad for a fellow poster so they can hopefully find a new job?
                Thank!

Yeah, just post a resume and we'll all pick it apart and make it perfect (minus all the sensitive information, of course). That way you'll have a kickass resume to present to a potential employer.

I'm sure there are folks around here who can probably give interview tips as well ...
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Wow, I've totally been there. I also work at the service desk at americas #1 retailer, and it sucks big time. I was the only one scheduled from 7-4 and it was crazy busy. Management is rarely a help, and god forbid in your crazed state you should make a mistake, which is what I did, and was scolded like a child for it! @ssholes!

Comment

Working...
                  X