This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    I already posted when a coin like that can be issued (one year after death) but I guess some people didn't know that ... or assumed the mint would ignore their own laws just for the special occasion.
    Kind of like the people who got scammed by a million dollar bill with Bush on it, when he was still president. Which is stupid not only for the reason you mentioned it, but also because they don't print denominations nearly that high.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I was wrong!!!!
      i was looking up to see when the Reagan coin might be out and found this....

It's NOT one year after death. It's TWO! I guess this was changed back in 07

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/31/5112.html#n_2_E
      (ยง 5112. Denominations, specifications, and design of coins)
      (E) Limitation in series to deceased presidents.— No coin issued under this subsection may bear the image of a living former or current President, or of any deceased former President during the 2-year period following the date of the death of that President.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 02-16-2009, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
        BLASPHEMY!!!!!! Did they at least have beer and fireworks?
        We didn't even carry fireworks last July 4th . . . Corporate based out holiday theme displays on what was sold the previous year and we didn't sell any the previous year.

Because somehow that large pallet got *misplaced* in the backroom and wasn't found until after the holiday was over, so we never sold any.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Oh, yes, you must have Obama plates or you're not patriotic. That makes perfect sense[sarcasm] Honestly there was a woman bitching that our local liquor store didn't have Obama DVDs.

Comment

Working...
          X