This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya..no sorry it's an option not a replacement

Went back into the memory banks and remembered this little gem..

Guy came in with his partner...took forever picking out a camera...then took forever looking at the display model, holding me up, then of course when they decide on getting it, there is NONE in stock. I found another one, same brand and 1 model up from the one they wanted, so it looked the same but had a few more options. I apologized that the one they wanted wasn't in stock, and explained what I had found..great! they were happy...HOWEVER...they said they wanted it, but it had to be for the price of the original...this one was about $40 more....the excuse?? " your giving us a replacement for the one we wanted, so you should be giving it to us for the price of the one we wanted because we don't really want this one but we have no choice"...UMMM yeah you do, don't GET it! “I declined and said the price was the price' the guy got pissy and chucked a tantrum...I got a manager who said the same thing to them....either get it or don't, it was the price it was...guy decided on getting it...BUT he opens up the box and finds a SMALL removable mark...shows me with a triumphant look in his face.."now you HAVE to give it to me for the price of the other one..this one is damaged"...NOPE sorry...I look and find another ..and swap the two...that pisses him off...BUT I want the OTHER one with the discount! "Sorry, but there is a suitable replacement, we cannot sell items that are faulty, especially if there is a suitable replacement" ..guy spits the dummy...I roll my eyes...get the "damaged one" look at the mark..smile and rub it off...guy looks livid...I get manager..manager rolls give it to them for 20% off

meh..as far as I was concerned the guy was a jerk and manager was the one that was going to cop it NOT me!
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

I HATE THAT!!!! I THINK WE ALL HATE THAT!!! We say no and the manager says yes...OH MY GOD those situations really, really suck!

I must leave this planet soon!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

WHY do managers do that?!?!?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Because they lose their common sense and/or their spine.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Because those managers that does it, is only concerned about his pay. Now if that was my employee, I also would have said no, and not give them a discount. I actually had to do that once.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            WHY do managers do that?!?!?
            Because, if we don't make the customer happy, 70% of the time they will complain to upper management, who will give them what they want, and then chew us out for not doing our job well.
            The upper managment is usually just pissed that the problem went that far.

That doen't make it right, however.
            Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

most of them fold (in my experance) to get rid of the freaking customer....they get worn down after people throwing tantrums day after day after day

not realising it only breeds MORE sucky customerism (or realising and not caring)

to a SC there is no such thing as an exception, if you do it for them once, you HAVE to do it for them next time, and for their friend, and mother and monkeys uncle
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yes!

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                I HATE THAT!!!! I THINK WE ALL HATE THAT!!! We say no and the manager says yes...OH MY GOD those situations really, really suck!

I must leave this planet soon!
                OH GOD , YES! I hate it with a passion! It's so humiliating - especially when it is US who are RIGHT! The managers are just trying to do customer retention - f*CK THAT! I don't want to do business with THOSE kinds of people! Who would? URGH; I swear, I could kill them.

I got really upset with a "supervisor" (he was only in that position for a few weeks, wonder why) one time about this. This b*tch was calling in for 400 free minutes just because she had forgotten to reactivate the phone prior to her due date. Now, the terms and conditions CLEARLY STATE that if you let the phone go past due for over 2 MONTHS.. you lose the minutes. We remind customers all the time. They all know. This lady had left the phone past due for about 11 months. Sorry, no luck with me.

I told her several times I would under no circumstances issue ANY minutes, at all.

She insisted. I said no. So of course, she asks to speak with a supervisor.

I explain the situation, and the asshat (supervisor) tells me (talking down to me, as if I were stupid) that I'm going to give her the units because otherwise she's going to go complain to the BBB about us. (So? Let her! It's in the terms and conditions, we're covered!)

Giving this (very rude, by the way) b*tch free minutes (400 at that) did not apply whatsoever. And this idiot is all "right now you're going to calm down and go and give her all those minutes."

Now I'm a very shy, patient, polite person, I get compliments from customers every day - they even ask for my extension number so they can get me every time. My real life friends will tell you the same thing, I am a pacifist and a softie.

BUT I F*CKING LOST IT. I started screaming at him right in the middle of the aisle, with all of my co-workers staring at me from their booths. "I will not issue a single minute to that woman's phone. It does NOT apply, and she has been incredibly rude to me. If she did not bother to read the terms of service when she purchased the phone, too bad for her. I AM NOT ISSUING ANY MINUTES!! IF YOU WANT TO, DO IT YOURSELF!!!"

Obviously, he went and gave her the minutes.

It was grand, I tell you. Everyone was going "yay!" "I love you!" and and giving me thumbs up. I felt SO much better after that.

Comment

This is why I want to open my own store. That way, I don't have to put up with customer bull@#$%. If I don't like you, door's over there. Etc.

This, of course, means I won't be offering any (admittedly EXTREMELY profitable) passport photo services, of course.
                  "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                  -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                  X