X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emergency my foot

Guest: I need to speak to Suzie, the property manager

Me: Suzie has gone home for the day

Guest: well I have been trying to reach her because nobody in your office can answer my questions about this property you rent

Me: what questions do you have?

Guest: I need to know whats in the kitchen

Me: well all of our properties have fully stocked kitchen

Guest: yea no shit, I need to know what types of utensils and how many of each

Me: I am not sure

Guest: well I know Suzie is gone for the day but can she be contacted at home?

Me: no sir

Guest: this is very important, we need to start planning our vacation

Me: ok well you can leave Suzie a voicemail if you like?

Guest: no I need to talk to her

Me: well I am sorry but she has gone home

Guest: why cant you call her at home?

Me: because we only call managers for emergencies

Guest: well I think this is an emergency

Me: it's not

Guest: this is ridiculous......I guess I will talk to Suzie tommorow but I want you to leave her a message and tell her I am very unhappy with your service

Me: ok

He calls back

Guest: yea Dave, I called fifteen minutes ago. My wife is all stressed out about this and I feel like I gave in too easy. With the money I am spending, I deserve better service than this. I insist that Suzie be called at home.

Me: I'm sorry sir

Guest: you're gonna be sorry if you dont call her

Me: Is that a threat?

Guest: no but I am your customer and I am asking you to do something

Me: I am not calling her at home to get an inventory of the the kitchen

Guest: my wife is very upset. You make us pay this money, advertise 24 hour service, and we cant get our questions answered

Me: you can, just not tonight

Guest: well I think thats unacceptable

Me: again I am very sorry, sir

Guest: that sounded very sarcastic, you dont seem like you want to be very helpful

Me: I dont know what you want me to say

Guest: I want you to call that bitch at home and get the information I am looking for

Me: please dont call her that

Guest: yea I am, she didnt return my phone call and now she took off and left me high and dry

Me: well sir, you will have to talk to her tommorow

Guest: fine CLICK

He calls back and gets my coworker and has her in tears. I told her just to hang up on him. He called back again and got me this time

Guest: Dave, what the fuck am I gonna have to do to talk to Suzie? I am really pissed right now. My wife is upset because we cant plan our vacation without this information which you incompetent ding dongs wont get your heads out if your asses and get for us and I am really mad.

Me: sir, I have told you, it will have to wait until tommorow....please stop calling because nobody here has the answer

Guest: well thanks for outstanding customer service, fuck off

CLICK

If he calls back later, his call will be forwarded to the central call center and they can deal with him. Asshole

I always find it amusing how rich people, in a position to not worry about money, worry about the most trivial bullshit otherwise. Most of us are just happy to have something to eat, never mind what kind of utensil it's consumed from.

I would have told them plastic picnic sets. Goes well with their transparent personalities.

Comment

WOW.

Just buy a few bags of plastic utensils and get it over with. How does someone get so worked up over something so asinine??

These people are the bane of customer service. The kind who will make the biggest deal out of the smallest detail.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

It would be almost worth the money to run to Goodwill and buy $20 worth of the most banged up pots and mismatched plates and cutlery. Then call him back and report the exact inventory and make sure that it is all ready for them when they arrive.

Comment

If he's so interested in the utensils, tell him to go fork himself.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I think someone is leaving ads for your company at the mental hospital! I almost wish you had called Suzie at home just to tell her what a douche that guy is being and let her deal with it.

Comment

If the guy was actually worried about not enough utensils, perhaps he could have said, "Well, we're planning on a dinner for twenty and are anxious to know if we'll need to purchase or bring utensils." I bet you could have had a better response for him like "Well, that is more than the atypical kitchen tends to have, I would suggest making other arrangements. I'll have Suzie call you tomorrow if there is actually a full set of twenty in the unit." He didn't need to be a dick about it. Expressing concerns politely usually gets some real help. Sorry, I always try to imagine how things could've gone if the customer hadn't been such an SC.
              Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
                If the guy was actually worried about not enough utensils, perhaps he could have said, "Well, we're planning on a dinner for twenty and are anxious to know if we'll need to purchase or bring utensils." I bet you could have had a better response for him like "Well, that is more than the atypical kitchen tends to have, I would suggest making other arrangements. I'll have Suzie call you tomorrow if there is actually a full set of twenty in the unit." He didn't need to be a dick about it. Expressing concerns politely usually gets some real help. Sorry, I always try to imagine how things could've gone if the customer hadn't been such an SC.
                We've learned from experience that VR's customers are NEVER like this.

This likely isn't actually a terribly important detail to the customers, since they're planning things out I suspect it's something that could wait a day or so... but since they seem to be spoiled and don't know the concept of 'patience', it gets blown out of proportion.

$20 worth of banged-up cutlery says that they demand a discount over this.
                Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post

$20 worth of banged-up cutlery says that they demand a discount over this.
                  $40 of beat-to-shit pots and pans says he gets it.

People like that don't deserve vacations. If he really needed to know if there was enough there for a big dinner party or something, he could've just told VRS instead of lighting the fuse on the roman candle jammed up his ass.
                  Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-13-2009, 12:22 AM.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Like a true EW, the guest probably wanted to make sure there were enough utensils, dishes, etc., in the kitchen so they could go their entire stay without having to wash any dishes.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Bet that guy sleeps in a broken condom, because he's such a giant dick.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Bet that guy sleeps in a broken condom, because he's such a giant dick.
                        Wow! that is just beautiful! May I sig it?

OK, we leave tomorrow am for a two-week stay in an apartment in Venice (squeeeeee!). We are promised a "kitchen" as opposed to a "kitchenette". Know what? Hubby has the knife roll packed with the knives and tools he thinks he will need, plus two cutting boards that we plan to abandon there. It weighs 5 lbs and takes up the space of about a pair of shoes. How hard was that?

Comment

Quoth Yfandes View Post
                          Wow! that is just beautiful! May I sig it?
                          But of course!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Like a true EW, the guest probably wanted to make sure there were enough utensils, dishes, etc., in the kitchen so they could go their entire stay without having to wash any dishes.
                            Hmm....I was going with "dinner party" but that would require they know people in their vacation spot.

Not having to wash dishes during their vacation is another possibility...but when I stayed at a property similar to VRS's properties in Hawaii...you were required to wash the dishes you used before you left.

I wish the only thing I had to worry about was how many utensils were in the kitchen at my vacation rental.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

My wife is all stressed out about this
                              transfer her to a psychiatrist !

Comment

Working...
                              X