This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't wanna hear it

So as I was wandering around today feigning productivity because I had absolutely nothing else to do, I got ranted at by some crotchety old codger who was out shopping with his wife.

"You're charging 13 bucks for this lawn bird! (some lawn statue of some kind) Blah blah blah! I got the same one for three dollars last year! Blah blah blah! And that other statue is 20 bucks! Blah blah blaaaahhhhh! This is highway robbery! You're getting crazy with your prices! Blah blah blah! I'm on a fixed income you know! Blah blah blah! Blah blah blah maybe I shouldn't ever shop here again if you're going to be so overpriced! Blah blah blah!"

Guess what you grumpy old wreck? You picked the wrong person to rant to today. You're almost certainly retired and living off a pension and a 401K and whatever other retirement savings you put aside over the years. I make a crap wage, have a 401K that's losing money hand over fist, and my benefits are disappearing one by one.*

So forgive me if I don't feel your pain over overpriced lawn ornaments you can probably afford anyway. And as for the lawn bird or whatever you bought for three bucks last year, you probably got the damn thing on clearance at the end of the season because their regular price was never that cheap, and they were never on sale that cheap.

Seriously, just take your damn lawn ornaments and cram them up your ass and get hemorrhoids. Because I. Don't. Fuck. Ing. Want. To. Hear. It.

*Along with my pay stub this morning, I received a lovely letter (addressed to "clearance swamp teammate") from the President or CEO or whatever of the company, telling me that due to crap sales, they're taking away all my personal days for the year. So I guess I get to add those to the list of Things I Will Not Have This Year, along with a merit wage, human dignity, and Amy Adams chained to my bed wearing nothing but Cool Whip. So if I want to take paid time off, I only have my vacation time, unless/until the company decides to take that away too.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Amy who?*√*

Comment

A hot actress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Meh...

this is my celeb crush, lol

Comment

I get what you mean and overheard something similiar, though it didn't really get into SC-ness.

We get the same stupid lawn ornaments each year and someone came in and complained to be me--"why isn't this the same price as last year?" (it was a mushroom with a welcome sign on it)

Me: "How much was it?"
          SC: "Four dollars!"
          Me: "Did it have a pink ticket on it?"
          SC: "Well...yeah, and it said four dollars!"
          Me: "Ma'am, that means it was clearanced. We were getting rid of them and now they are back for the new season. If you want them at that price, wait about eight months and try again."
          SC: "Oh..." *clueless look and then she wanders off*

Why don't people understand the concept of seasonal and clearance? The same thing happens with Christmas crap...ugh.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
            Meh...

this is my celeb crush, lol
            I second Hobbs choice.
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I don't know who Boa Kwon is but I know what I want to do with her.

Comment

Ugh, I hate the "fixed income" line. It was a favorite at the credit card company.

Here's the thing--unless your job offers OT, pretty much everyone is on a fixed income. My boyfriend is salaried, so he's on a fixed income. My job is cutting hours, so I'm in danger of having a greatly reduced income. Plus, all the stuff the OP mentioned--a 401(k) that's worth something, pensions, health care, etc.

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your personal days, though. That's a low blow.

Comment

At the convenience store, I frequently hear complaints about how high prices are there. Yeah, like it's such big news that convenience stores are expensive places to buy your gas, groceries, or just about anything else. The convenience factor makes it costly! That's why I rarely ever go there when I'm not working, and rarely buy anything when I have to work. I even bring my lunch from home rather than buy some crappy microwave sandwich or overpriced can of soup from the grocery section.

I usually end up telling the most adamant of whiners, "If you don't want to pay that for it, then don't buy it! I get paid the same hourly wage either way, so I don't care!" I'm usually just as adamant in making my point clear that I don't give a shit either way. All I care about is that they get the hell out of my sight.
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    (addressed to "clearance swamp teammate").
                    That right there makes me madder than a bull on hot coals. Not only are they screwing you, but they can't look you in the eye when they're doing it. Shows what sort of an opinion they have of their workers when they can't even use your name.

I prescribe to your company!
                    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

We never get the bad news delivered to us, either. They just have the highest ups at our factory deliver the news to us, and they get surprised when we get upset!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I got it again today!

I was counting furniture pull tags when some old bat hobbled up wanting to buy a barstool. Originally she wanted me to put the display barstool in her cart.

I handed her a pulltag and told her to take that to the cashier and I'd deliver it to her car. By doing this I just about gave the poor dear a stroke.

"$49.99!?!? Phooey! No way I'm paying that much! I got the same barstool last year around this time and it was only 17 dollars!"

Yeah, and this time last year gas hadn't yet become so astronomically expensive, so we didn't have increased supplier costs to pay. And the economy hadn't yet become so shitty either.

Yeah, I know it's an astronomical price increase. I can't control that.

Comment

I don't quite remember, but I do think gas was more expensive a year ago than it is today. But at the same time, things were a lot different a year ago as far as the economy. Last year we were still hiring 20-30 people every week/every other week and we were on mandatory overtime and releasing millions of dollars of product a week. We're lucky if we do that in a month now.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                          X