This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new one and an old one

I haven't posted a story in awhile so here's a couple of good ones. One from tonight and one from a couple months ago.
    This one was tonight.
    It's the rule deal with it
    SC=some douchebag
    D=one of my employees
    Jf=me!!

I'm putting orders together for the drivethru when I notice I can hear the TV in the lobby.

Jf: Hey D go see if the volume on the TV is turned on and if it is mute it.
    D: Ok(comes back a few seconds later)That guy yelled at me so I didn't turn it down
    Jf: Oh really (stops putting orders together and walks over to the tv)
    SC: Hey! how are we supposed to watch tv if you just have the closed captioning on??
    Jf: The volume cannot be on our contract with the cable company is ONLY for the picture
    SC: That's nonsense turn it back on or I'm never coming back here
    Jf: I just said no they charge us more if we have the volume on
    SC:They'll never know
    Jf: Pay the cable bill then
    SC:They'll never know!!!
    Jf: If you turn the volume on again I'll make you leave
    SC: ......

This one was a week or 2 before Christmas
    I'm sorry
    Jf: me again!!!
    SC:some asshole
    M:my boss
    I had made a mistake and left something out of this guys order. He had come back a couple minutes later and instead of just getting what was left out demanded his entire order be replaced. Only he didn't tell me his bigmac was supposed to be special. So this is exchange is the 3rd time he'd been there that night.

SC: You fucked up my order AGAIN!!!
    Jf: Do NOT curse at me
    SC: I'll curse if I fucking want to I'm fucking pissed off!!
    Jf: I asked you not to curse at me
    SC: I'm pissed and I'm damn well gonna curse!!
    Jf: Not if you want me to help you at all
    SC:This bigmac was supposed to have ketchup and you messed it up!!!
    Jf: You didn't tell me that how was I supposed to know?
    SC: Just give me my money back
    Jf: sure (hands the dickhead his money)
    SC: What's your bosses name I'm calling him tomorrow
    Jf: his name is M have a nice night
    Fast forward to the next day
    M: Hey Jf did some guy cuss you out last night?
    Jf: yeah did he actually call?
    M: Yeah he said he was a dick to you and that you handled it professionally and that he was sorry.
    Jf:

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
    This one was a week or 2 before Christmas
    I'm sorry

*snippity*
    This guy actually apologized to your manager about this?

Either he was drunk/stoned/etc at the time, has Tourette Syndrome, or C) All of the above.

Comment

M: Yeah he said he was a dick to you and that you handled it professionally and that he was sorry.
      ...THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!

*runs screaming from the thread*

What are the odds of that? Congrats on getting a redeemed SC, JF!
      Last edited by karath; 02-14-2009, 08:47 AM.
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

He didn't seem drunk or anything. My guess is that he told his wife about it and she bitched him out for being such a cunt weasel.

Comment

Jf: The volume cannot be on our contract with the cable company is ONLY for the picture.
          That seems odd. The cable company is sending the sound signal, so why should it make any difference if you play the sound or not? But commercial contracts for that sort of thing do have weird conditions in them.

However, I wish more restaurants, and waiting areas, had the "no TV sound" policy. More often than not, the TV sound is just annoying.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That is an odd policy, but knowing cable companies, it doesn't really surprise me.

The restaurant I work at has two TVs, with sound, but the only channel they show is CNN. Whether that's store policy or part of the commercial contract, I don't know. (Memo to self: Ask about that) But CNN makes sense, as we are in close proximity to a highway exit and a bunch of hotels.

Comment

Allow me to clarify. We pay for Muzac so we convinced the cable company to discount our rate since we won't be using the audio. They've caught us with the volume up before (turned on by a customer of course) and it DOUBLED our bill. So we keep it muted.

Comment

that might explain why some of the places i've been to had the tvs on captions and no volume.

tho im wondering how they'd know

Comment

Allow me to clarify. We pay for Muzac so we convinced the cable company to discount our rate since we won't be using the audio. They've caught us with the volume up before (turned on by a customer of course) and it DOUBLED our bill. So we keep it muted.
                  Is there any way to disable the sound on the TVs? Maybe by disconnecting the internal speakers? If there is a jack on the rear of the set for external speakers, inserting a plug might bypass the internal speakers.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

or just remove the buttons for the volume

Comment

Working...
                    X