X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Hour or Sendout...?

What is so hard about this question?

Let me explain. Our store basically has three options for developing pictures. There's the little digital photo kiosk that no one knows how to use. Then there's one hour and send out.

One-Hour envelopes are blue and go in the little bin marked not-to-deceptively as "One-Hour".

Sendout goes in the large white envelopes and are dropped in a cubby hole. We take them out, pop them in a special bag and the guy from Kodak comes in to take them and deliver the ones we sent out a week before. This process takes seven business days, not including holidays and Sundays and although it is chepaer is not as reliable because it's another company that handles it. So naturally One-Hour is the more popular choice because even though it gets busy in our store and we only have a handful of people trained in One Hour it still only takes about a day at the most.

Now when One-Hour pictures are finished they're put back in the envelope and filed alphabetically in the "One-Hour" bin. The Send out pictures are placed alphabetically in the "Send Out" bin.

Knowing which bin to search through saves me and other coworkers fifteen minutes of searching through all of the bins to find a set of pictures that may or may not be in yet.

Most of our customers are aware of both options and their implications. But even still we get customers who are completely blank when you ask them, "One-Hour or Send out?"

Me
    Customer.

Me:Are you all set?
    Customer: I'd like to pick up some pictures.
    Me: Last name?
    Customer: Dumbass McDimbwits.
    Me: And were they one hour or send out?
    Customer:I dropped them off yesterday.
    pause...
    Me:So did you drop them in the one-hour bin or the send out bin?
    CustomerI don't know.
    pause while I contemplate picking up large heavy objects and throwing them at certain people.
    Me: (Trying oh so hard to be patient and smiling with gritted teeth) When you filled out the envelope was it a blue one or a white one?
    Customer:Uh...it was in a blue one.
    Me And did you drop it in the bin marked One-Hour?
    Customer: No, I dropped through that hole in the top of the counter.
    Me:That would be send out. Since yesterday was Sunday it wouldn't have gone out until this morning and they won't be here until about next week.
    Customer: (Indignantly) Well can you check?

I go and sift through the one hour and the send out bins anyway because if I stayed there I would have undoubtetly killed the bimbo and I promised some people that if I ever did snap I would at least make sure it wound up on CNN so they could tape it.

Of course it was a one hour envelope that she placed in the send out bin and as luck would have it hadn't gone out yet. Fortunately we had a person on the clock who could develop it for her. I was tempted to send it with the other send-outs but it was too late to make that call.

Thank the gods someone else feels my pain(not that I want you to be in pain) but that just peeves me to the core. Most answers I get are:
    "Yes!" cuz that answers me completely
    "I did the order on that machine" oh so helpful
    "I don't remember" how?!
    Usually I ask if they dropped it off to us or at the kiosk. ugh!!
    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

i don't know if its because people are stupid or its the websites fault but at my store we also can receive online orders. either thru our stores website or kodaks.

if a customer chooses ours, it will print that day, and tell them when its ready

if they choose kodak its at least a 2 day service, as it comes in with the rest of our send out kodak orders

every time some one uses kodak they come in same day expecting it. half the time they dont know what website they used. does it actually say "ready in one hour" or people just thinking that. i don't think kodak is that stupid

even better, for our one hours we punch all info in on the register, and no more customers filling envelopes out. every once in a while i see a customer walk all the way over to the digital machine that has blue envelopes with DIGITAL written on it, and ask "is this the one hour envelope?"

Comment

We do the online thing too. That's another one that gets me because if it's not in One-Hour or Sendout I have to sift through that bin when it could have gone much smoother if they just told me in the first place.

Comment

Our customers don't know their names. We have a large hispanic population living legally and illegally in our community and sometimes they have 3 or 4 names. Asking a name is often pointless because they get confused as to which one we want. LAST would indicate which one they should have used but you know SC's.

Comment

Working...
          X