This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You quite clearly need to be fired!"

Tonight was a strange shift. I was the manager...and I hadn't met a single one of my co-workers. My new boss is trusting enough of me to leave me in her bar after three shifts! My old boss must have put in a really good word for me

Anyway...Saturday night, and it was a lot busier than what I was used to, so I spent most of the night serving. And then this old bitch came along.

OB: Old Bitch
    CW: Co-worker who I've only just met
    Me: Me

Co-worker was serving Old Bitch. The new bar I work at is much smaller, so I was able to hear everything that was going on.

OB: Vodka tonic. Ice and lemon.
    CW: OK sure.

He prepared the drink.

OB: No, no, no, no, no! You've put too much ice in!
    CW: OK, sorry about that.

Co-worker grabs tongs and starts removing ice.

OB: No, no, no, no, no! Now there's too little.
    CW: Ummm...OK.

He puts a couple of cubes back.

OB: What are you doing?!?! That's too much! Seriously! Do you even know what you're doing?

She sticks her hand in the drink and removes the slice of lemon.

OB: And what do you call that? You call THAT a slice of lemon?
    CW: I could put another slice in if you are unhappy.
    OB: Fine! And take some of that ice out!

He did.

OB: NO! Now there's too little again!

Old Bitch had a friend stood next to her. The friend looked just as annoyed with her friend as we were.

OB: And I wanted slimline tonic!
    CW: You didn't ask for slimline tonic!
    OB: Well, now I'm asking! Make me a new drink! And get me your manager! You quite clearly don't know what you're doing. You need to be fired.
    Me: I'm the manager on duty. I just saw everything, and I don't believe he did anything wrong.
    OB: Oh, is that what you think is it?
    Me: You asked for a vodka tonic, ice and lemon. You did not specify how much ice, you did not specify that you wanted slimline tonic. All you had to say was "slimline tonic please, and just a little bit of ice" But you didn't. So, I don't believe you have any right to complain.
    OB: Oh well, I suppose THAT drink will have to do, won't it? You have a very unhappy customer in here now, I hope you are aware of that!

I have no idea what her problem with CW was. Seriously, if you are that picky about your drink, stay at home and make your own.
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 02-15-2009, 01:33 AM.

You have a very unhappy customer in here now, I hope you are aware of that!
    she sounds like she expects you to care...

Comment

Next time, fill a glass with ice, and hand her a pair of tongs and let HER put exactly how much ice she wants into her drink.

People are broken.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
        People are broken.
        And the devs never do anything about it, no matter how many new editions we get...
        Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          she sounds like she expects you to care...
          After enough of those down the hatch, I'm pretty sure the OB won't care either.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

People are broken,
            Quoth Drakstern View Post
            And the devs never do anything about it, no matter how many new editions we get...
            May I steal that?
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              Old Bitch had a friend stood next to her. The friend looked just as annoyed with her friend as we were.

See, this is what I don't get. We all read stories on here about an SC who is acting up, and a friend is standing there silently and/or looking annoyed, but SAYING NOTHING!!!

I can't IMAGINE being out with a friend who was treating someone like this and just standing there and not speaking up.

Similarly, if I ever dared act like this bitch while out with a friend, any one of them would rip me a new one.

WTF????
              Last edited by Peppergirl; 02-15-2009, 06:41 PM.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                May I steal that?
                Feel free.
                Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Good for you for standing up to her. "Madam, I can learn to make a proper vodka tonic. You, however, will ALWAYS be a miserable bitch. Will that be cash or charge?"
                  Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

See, this is what I don't get. We all read stories on here about an SC who is acting up, and a friend is standing there silently and/or looking annoyed, but SAYING NOTHING!!!
                    There are some times when the friend will go and outright call the SC all kinds of names for acting like PMS and Hemorroids are having angry monkey sex, but the SC generally ignores the friend.

Now if the friend would try to physically remove the SC from the situation, we'd be on a roll.
                    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                      Next time, fill a glass with ice, and hand her a pair of tongs and let HER put exactly how much ice she wants into her drink.
                      I was thinking the same thing! I probably would have done that after awhile, that old bitch was being a total pain!

I would love to see the look on her face, had that been done to her.
                      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

I can't IMAGINE being out with a friend who was treating someone like this and just standing there and not speaking up.

Similarly, if I ever dared act like this bitch while out with a friend, any one of them would rip me a new one.

WTF????
                        I went out with an ex once, and we were getting drinks at the bar while we were waiting for a table. He asked what was on tap, and ordered something that wasn't, then started bitching about getting a bottle. I ended up yelling at him so much he was almost in tears and he ended up leaving me there.

I felt so bad for the bartender, and I tried apologizing, but the bar guy just said it was by far the funniest thing he'd seen all night.
                        Last edited by trailerparkmedic; 02-15-2009, 10:40 PM. Reason: i can spell...really...

Comment

After working in retail for so long, I'll correct any friend or family that's being rude.

I've went to the store before with my angry Mom just to make sure she didn't take her anger out on the staff. She was fine except for mentioning to the service desk guy that she'd been on hold with tech support for a half hour. But she wasn't snippy about it, so it was fine.
                          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

"Ma'am, we want our customers to be happy. We are flexible enough to make your drink in a particular way if you want. We will even bend over backwards to make that happen. What we won't do, though, is bend over and take it up the ass from you, especially since you didn't even buy us dinner first. So drink your precious little vodka and tonic and shut the fuck up!"

Love to see her reaction to THAT one.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X