This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Laughing?

Am I the one who gets these old guys who think they can be as rude as they want, as long as they laugh while saying it? I personally dont find them funny. I had this gem yesterday...

OM= Old Man who was not that funny
    Me- sick of this game

OM steps up to the deli counter and actually asks:
    OM: What kind of meat do you have here?
    Me: Oh, pretty much every kind. What were you looking for?
    OM: You know. Something I can have you slice up and I can make sandwiches out of.

(May I just remind you, this conversation is taking place AT the deli counter, where 99% of what we have is meat and cheese to be sliced)

Me: Well, we've got a couple of nice hams on specia...
    OM: Nah, what else do you have besides ham?
    Me: (thinking: You seriously want me to list off every single meat we sell??) Well, we've got turkey, chicken, bologna, salami, roast bee...."
    OM: Oh, ok, what kind of HAM do you have?
    Me: (I glance at the sales flyer posted on the inside of the case, as the new sale just started yesterday morning) We've got the (yadda brand) on sale for $4.99 a pound......
    OM: Ok, give me a half pound.

I go to grab it out of the case and discover the morning crew didnt leave one out, so I tell the customer I'll BRB, grab a new one out of the cooler. As I'm cutting open the package, Mr Funny starts up...

OM: Come on, dont take your time. Hurry up, hurry up...
    Me: (stopped in mid-slice, turned around to face him) EXCUSE ME??
    OM: (giggles and slaps hand on the counter in a "service!" motion): I dont like to wait around, hurry it up, come on now (giggles)
    Me: I'm sorry, sir, I didnt catch what you said, excuse me??
    OM: (still giggling like an imbecile)You must be new here, you dont seem to know what you're doing...
    Me: (still pretending I cant hear him) Excuse me??
    OM: Never mind, just keep going. (giggles)
    Me: okie doke (finish slicing)
    The minute I turn back to the slicer, Mr Dickhead starts up again "Well, dont take your time, hurry up, come on hurry up..." giggling the whole time, and slapping the counter. I ignore him.
    I hand him his package with a cheery "Have a great day" and off he goes.

How much fun is it, really, to try to dig at someone like that, especially if that person doesnt hear you? I have found that pretending not to hear them is the best way to shut the up. But this guy just seemed to be having too much fun to let the fact that his victim wasnt playing along bother him.

Anyway, the best part was when I told my manager about it. The guy was standing about 12 feet from us and I told her what he was saying. Now, my manager is this little slip of a woman, with a tiny, heavily accented voice. And she yells out to this guy "Hey, Why Dont YOOOO Hurry up?!"
    He didnt hear her, but it made me LMAO.

Quoth TattooedMommie View Post
    OM: Come on, dont take your time. Hurry up, hurry up...
    ...I dont like to wait around, hurry it up, come on now (giggles)
    ..."Well, dont take your time, hurry up, come on hurry up..." ...
    And now you know why his wives always cheated on him.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I almost thought you were a coworker of mine for a second, right up until you described your manager. We had a guy yesterday that acted just like that!
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

What kind of weird power trip is that?

I wish this guy could have met up with Miss E. Miss E was just plain old slow. If you asked her to hurry it up, she would give you a look that would ignite sedentary rock and go SLOWER. (which took bending a couple rules of physics).

Comment

I would, as another poster say, go intentionally slower.

If he persisted, I would have looked him right in the eye and said, "You really don't want this meat, do you?"

I have actually done this at my bar. "You really don't want to drink here, do you?"

Tends to kick them in the head and make them at least pretend to act like humans.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X