This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's OK! No wait it's a rip off!

Quick background: A local (well formerly local, now owned by a big multinational but they've kept the brand names) milk company makes 3 different brands of flavoured milks. Every month there's a 2 for $5 special, but which brands are included is different each time. Note also that the signs on the fridge door lists which ones are in the special and is changed when the special changes.

SC: (buying 2 of the milks that are not on special this month)
    Me: Just so you know, those ones aren't included in the special.
    SC: That's ok.
    Me: OK that's $7.
    SC: (pays) they should be on special! This is a rip off! (walks out in a huff)

Um... I told you they're not part of the special, you said OK and PAID THE REGULAR PRICE! If anyone ripped you off, it was your parents who failed to give you a slightly below average IQ or better. Then again, they probably did the best they could...

lol, that's funny. I wonder if he actually felt a bit a shamed once he got home and thought about that for a while!

Comment

Quoth radx View Post
      lol, that's funny. I wonder if he actually felt a bit a shamed once he got home and thought about that for a while!
      Heh, I found your comment rather funny. Or innocent, to say the least. SCs thinking about their actions?!? Surely you jest.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Heh, I found your comment rather funny. Or innocent, to say the least. SCs thinking about their actions?!? Surely you jest.
        Lol, I know what you mean but you know.. Maybe he just had a bad day and he just had to be an ass about it towards someone. For some strange reason some people over here like to think it's "ok" to blow off some steam after work at the clerk or cashier who only try to help. It annoys me so much when I go to the grocery store after work and I see how adult people can act like children over the smallest thing.

Comment

2 for 5?
          what size of milk?
          (just wondering cos i usually get the local brand at like 89 cents a quart)

Comment

Flavored milks tend to be a little more expensive, but here, I have to shop around for milk pricing. Our local Wally world is currently $3.59/gallon (for store brand) but I can get it for now $2.79/gallon (for branded milk). I refuse to pay the $3+ when I can get it for so much less with one more stop on my way home.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              2 for 5?
              what size of milk?
              (just wondering cos i usually get the local brand at like 89 cents a quart)
              600ml. They're flavoured milks,AU$3.50 each is about average for that size from a convenience store (that goes for Coke etc. as well).

Comment

I just used the "conversion" wigit on my mac to translate that into quarts... (i'm lazy lol)
                and then convert aussy $ to US$...

Holy crap. .6L = 0.63401293 quarts.
                and 2.252 USD...

holy macaroni. that's some pretty expensive milk.

I'll stick to my cheap skim and just add ovaltine when I want flavor thanks.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  holy macaroni. that's some pretty expensive milk.
                  Now compare it with the price of a milk drink at a convenience store.

Although our prices probably do seem more expensive here, since instead of tipping we have livable base wages.

Comment

Working...
                  X