Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A dumb thief and their cell phone are soon parted.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dumb thief and their cell phone are soon parted.

I was reading the "Dumb Crook" thread, and it reminded me of an incident from over a year ago at a cell phone store I worked in.

Manager goes out to the parking lot to take trash out. Our dumpster had been overflowing, so he had to kind of squish the bags in to make everything fit for garbage pick up the next day. Naturally, a few papers flew out of the dumpster as a result of this...

Anyway, he comes back in the store holding an envelope he found in the parking lot, and he tells me that there's a check inside in case any customers come looking for one.

I take a closer look at this thing and notice it is a check made out to a store in the local mall On top of that, there was a deposit slip filled out with the mall store's address on it.

My radar goes off- I mean, I've worked in the mall before. Store deposits NEVER leave the store except by security guards.

So I call the store and tell them what we've found. The girl on the phone excitedly exclaims "Oh my god! Our store just got robbed last night!" We go back and forth with their loss prevention, then with the local police department. The PD are asking for any and all cash transactions that may have occurred that day.

Ding Ding Ding. Turns out one of our cash sales was to a person who worked in that store.

Dumbshit snatched the night's deposit, came to our store first thing in the morning, bought a phone, and ditched the evidence in OUR DUMPSTER.

Seriously, how fucking stupid can you get? When you sign for service we have your name, address, social security number and driver's license on file. If we hadn't found that deposit slip and check, we'd have had no way of knowing that the cash had been stolen. But, putting two and two together...
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

They always return to the scene of the crime...

Comment

Ah sweet Karma. How we love thee.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X