This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contender for the "Nice Try Award"

Reading some of these scam threads reminded me of one I had at (cell phone company).
    Whenever we spoke about a customer's account to an associate (sales, dealers, marketing, etc.), we had to get a dealer code from them. This allowed us to see if they're on the up and up.

PS: Possible Stalker
    ME:

PS: Hey! I need to check information the phone number (blabbity-blah).
    ME: Very well, Sir. (Pull up the info and it's a female name. No males are authorized on the account.) Sir, no males are listed on the account.
    PS: I know. I'm in the marketing department.
    ME: Okay. What's your code?
    PS: MC130.
    ME: .....that's not a valid code. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that's a military plane. What was your name again?
    PS: (hung up so fast you could hear the air being cut)
    ME: Thought so.

Further checking shows this guy had been calling in for awhile. I got permission from my supervisor to put a memo on the woman's account.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

ME: .....that's not a valid code. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that's a military plane. What was your name again?
    Their is a C-130 turboprop transport plane developed in the US in the late 50's and used by many nations.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-130_Hercules#Operators

Than again he my have tried to pull off the KC-135 Stratotanker, used for mid-air refueling.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KC-135_Stratotanker
    Last edited by mattm04; 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

You're right. MC-130 is also listed in the first link:
      # MC-130E/H Combat Talon I/II (special operations)
      # MC-130W Combat Spear (special operations)
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

When I worked for Lear Fan, a C-130 flew into our airport (Stead, NV) as the local Reserves unit operated out of our airport. I got to watch it take off, just amazing. The guys I worked with who had been in the military were telling me all kinds of stories about what a great plane it was.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

wonder what his relationship was to the woman.

that happened to a woman i know.. i'll call her X. X's husband was psychotic-jealous. If X spoke to any man (even if work related)... she was having an affair! Go out with a group of girls? ...hubby would slightly tolerate it, but... one of the girls brings her boyfriend along?... NO! X is having an affair with that man!

Yeah. Psychotic.

Needless to say... he broke into her cell phone account to track who she called. He even called ME to ask who I was.

If he calls again, I'd say ... notify the woman that this person is attempting to access her account.

Hell... it could be like that situation above... or it could also be a stalker or someone she has a restraining order against.

Comment

Working...
          X