This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erk! EEP! ACK!! *POP* **FIZZLE**

DAMN! There goes some more brain cells that I can never EVER replace.

The entire time this lady was on the phone, I was thinking of how in the heck am I going to word this post!

She needed a locksmith to come out and make a key. This can be a complicating situation because newer vehicles often need to have information from the dealers in order to complete key replacements. Well, it's Sunday - the car dealer is closed, right?

After a certain time frame, we are to call members back to check on the service. This lady made my head spin so hard that I don't even know how to put the conversation in words because it was so confusing.

Basically, after talking to the locksmith, I was told that the situation was explained to this lady and she stated she understood, she was nice to him, and even thanked him for coming out today. The locksmith gave her his personal cell phone and told her to call him tomorrow and he will fix it then. According to the locksmith - she was satisfied and happy when he left.

Something happened between that time and when I called her. She turned into crazy woman. I will try to recall most of the conversation:

ME: ME
    SC: Crazy woman

ME: Hello, crazy woman, I was calling to see if you had received your service and if everything met your satisfaction?
    SC: IT WAS AWFUL! I mean, he was nice, but he couldn't fix my problem. He said that he can't do it until tomorrow which is NOT good for me.
    ME: I'm sorry, was there a reason?
    SC: He said something about not being able to do it until tomorrow. [yeah, I heard that crazy] I don't understand. I wanted my locks changed out and he said he couldn't do that until tomorrow. Something to do with needing to change the locks on the ignition. He can't get into the ignition. Doesn't [insert name of my company here] Have this information.
    ME: We have general manuals on vehicles at times, when a locksmith gets out on location, they assess the situation and if they need a part and the place isn't open at that time...
    SC: IT'S NOT A PART ISSUE! [okay, so he's just lazy? What is the issue? You have not told me] I wanted my locks changed...
    ME: You needed a key made.
    SC: I wanted my locks changed. I need a key.
    [that's what I just said]
    SC: I want you to explain to me who can help me.
    ME: The locksmith. [Yes, plain and simple, said it just like that]
    SC: Does someone there know anything about this service?
    ME: Yes, the locksmith.

She then continues on ranting and making NO sense. I just keep saying, "Mmm hmm." To which she replies:

SC: Are you listening or are you just saying "Mmm hmm" to shut me up.
    ME: [OH OH HOW I WISH I COULD TELL YOU 'YES'] No, I'm listening.
    SC: So, this is going to cost me extra for him to come out? What is your policy regarding this if the service is not completed?
    ME: Our policy is that we send the locksmith out and they assess the situation. Your membership covers $100 of the service he provides. If...
    SC: $200. My membership covers $200.
    ME: No, $100...
    SC: I was told $200.
    ME: SOrry, you were wrongly informed, your membership...
    SC: So, it's going to cost me double? [This is what I THOUGHT she said]
    ME: No, it's only going to cost you one service call and then tomorrow when...
    SC: So it is

From that point it got confusing. I swear, she would ask me a question, I would answer and she would get angry. WHen I tried to clarify my answer...it turns out she was taking my answer for a different question. I thought maybe it was me, but it happened too many times for it to be my problem.

I have an issue sometimes when customers get really difficult and stOOpid on me, I stutter. I am caught in a brain pattern of "WTF?" and in my attempts to wrap my mind around their stupidity to form a good answer, I end up "Uh, ah, um...well..." and then I answer. If an SC is rapid firing stupidity at me...I freeze like a deer in headlights when I am not on my game. Today, I guess I am not on my game.

Help!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

And this woman is driving?!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

and I was standing behind you the whole time giggling my ass off thinking "I'm glad I don't have to clock in for another 20 minutes"
      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Smart ass!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          And this woman is driving?!
          Well, actually, not at this time, she lost her keys! So, the roads are safe this evening.

Comment

Hey! Brain! Get out of the food processor!

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              Well, actually, not at this time, she lost her keys! So, the roads are safe this evening.
              Well, that is a relief, but just the thought that someone gave this brain-dead twit a valid driver's license is scary! I can just see it now:

C: Crazy Woman
              P: Passenger in her car

P: Okay, you need to turn left at 2nd Avenue
              C: Okay (keeps going on, past the turn)
              P: You missed the turn.
              C: You told me to turn on 2nd Street!
              P: No, 2nd AVENUE, and you passed it!
              C: No, it's 2nd STREET!
              P: I said 2nd AVENUE!
              (repeat ad nauseum until Crazy Woman, paying more attention to the arguement than the road, smashes into the side of a building)

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm sure it happens to this one all the time.

I could not believe the conversation, like I said, at one point all I could do was get out ...uh, um, er....

That's when I heard the noises in my head....and mourned the loss of a few more valued brain cells.

Comment

Remind me to stay FAR AWAY from...where? Omaha and surrounding areas?

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh - and remember - don't have surgery here either!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      Oh - and remember - don't have surgery here either!
                      Hmmmmmmmmm, yes, good point. I'll take that into consideration.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X