Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you feel tough making a little girl cry?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you feel tough making a little girl cry?

A new girl started at the bar. She has literally just turned 18, so she has never had the "pleasure" of dealing with rude drunken SC's. Poor thing. No one witnessed what transpired, otherwise someone would have jumped in.

CW: Poor co-worker
    SC: Big tough guy
    DM: Door man
    Me: Me

SC ordered two bottles of beer. CW served him.

SC: What the fuck is this? You stupid fucking bitch! These are warm!!
    CW: Oh...I'm sorry...I'll get some from the back.
    SC: I paid six fucking pound and you gave me warm beer! Are you completely fucking stupid?!?!

CW walked off the bar in tears. SC tutted and walked off. I spotted CW crying. I asked her what happened and she explained.

CW: I just can't believe someone could be that horrible over a beer. I don't understand it. Why did he say those horrible things to me?
    Me: Who was it?
    CW: I don't want to tell. I just want to forget about it.
    Me: Are you sure? I'll throw him out if you want.
    CW: No. I want to forget about it.

Doorman walked over. I love doormen now.

DM: Who made you cry??!!
    CW: No, just leave it.
    DM: No! Who made you cry?
    CW: It was him...

She points to SC.

Doorman walks over, claps SC on the shoulder, and forces him out the door! SC shouted back.

SC: If you can't handle people being fucking horrible to you then you shouldn't have a job!!

I sent CW on a break.

What disturbed me the most about this story was my reaction. I am so used to people being horrible and swearing, and there was an innocent girl who had never encountered that before. I was that innocent when I first started working in bars four years ago. Now I am at a point where nothing surprises me anymore with SC's, and automatically seem to expect the worst out of people.
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 02-21-2009, 02:00 PM.

Yep, that's what comes after working with the general public for so long. And worse, in your case, I think, working with the drunken general public.

I remember being that innocent when I started my first job a convenience store about 8 years ago...

Now I'm an embittered, sarcastic bitch, who assumes everyone is out to scam me and be an EW because it's their right.

Ain't life grand...?

Comment

Was his name Gordon Ramsay??? Real tall with messed-up blonde hair. Kinda looks like an old-crazed Viking.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
        Was his name Gordon Ramsay??? Real tall with messed-up blonde hair. Kinda looks like an old-crazed Viking.
        Hey! Ramsay is only vicious to people that richly deserve it. Ramsay <3

But yes, I'm at that point now too. When on shift I expect the worst from every single caller. =/ When I get a caller that's genuinely nice ( and not nice because they want something ) it throws me off guard. Its sort of like "Wow, what? They still make these?"

Comment

What gets me about that story is the SC thinks it's actually ok to speak to someone like that! Whether or not you're used to it, he deserved to be thrown out!
          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

This SC didn't need a DM... or a bouncer...
            They needed a genuine Ankh-Morpork splatter.
            (When a troll evicts someone from a bar, they don't bounce.)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I thought you Brits liked your beer warm...

/not a beer drinker...

Nice that this guy thinks it's perfectly normal to go around "being horrible" to other people...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Too bad the SC's face couldn't meet the pavement, wtf was his deal to think he could be that horribly rude to somebody?!!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  I thought you Brits liked your beer warm...

/not a beer drinker...
                  Lager - fridge temperature, 2-4C

Ale - Cellar temperature, 12-14C

Serving ale too cold means you lose a lot of the flavour, the aromatics aren't when they're cold.

Nice that this guy thinks it's perfectly normal to go around "being horrible" to other people...
                  Not sure what sort of pub customersruinmylife works in but in many places that attitude would have the regulars bouncing the SC out the door
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I think businesses such as that need a rule "if you make an employee cry, we'll make you cry" and have a psycho-looking knife crazed serial killer looking person working behind a desk as the "make you cry" appointed person if anyone asks.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                      Look familiar?

Or this guy?

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I cried at my first job, when the lady threw the flowers at me. I just keep bringing this story up.

I feel so bad for the girl. No one has to right to treat someone like that. I'm so very happy that he got tossed. hehehe tosser
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                          SC: If you can't handle people being fucking horrible to you then you shouldn't have a job!!
                          If I had anything to say about it, that comment would have earned the bastard a permanent ban from the place.

Eric the Grey
                          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                            If you can't order a beer nicely, then you shouldn't be drinking here. Out.

I can remember being as innocent as that girl. A quick stint dealing with customers really opens your eyes though, and now I'm as bitter as the rest. Can even remember the breaking point.
                            "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Working...
                            X