This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help you. Nobody can.

This happened last night at my Resturant, 'WeAreNotTacoBell'. Recorded as accurately as my memory allows.

Me: Hello, WeAreNotTacoBell, can I help you?
    SC: Uh, hi. Last time I was there, I had this one dish you guys run out of a lot.
    Me: Well, it's Friday night, so we should have everything in. Late Saturday might be a problem, but we have everything tonight.
    SC: But you're ALWAYS out of it! Every time I came, other people had it, and you told me it was gone.
    Me: I can check with the chefs to make sure we have...what was the item?
    SC: I don't remember.
    Me: Um, okay. Was it Mexican, Italian--
    SC: I don't know, but you were always out of it. ALWAYS! And the dessert too.
    Me: Well--
    SC: I'm a vegan, ramble ramble whine...
    Me: Um, let me give you to a waiter, maybe you can piece together what it was.
    I handed off the phone, as the waiters know a lot more about the menu, past and present, than I do, and apologize silently.

Later, my waiter approaches me.
    Waiter: She had NO idea what it was, or what dessert she said we were out of either. Plus, the last time she was here was before we got the Bar and updated the menu.
    Me: Well, N. (Our head chef/owner) can help her, maybe. Did she tell you she was a vegan?
    Waiter: Yeah. We really don't have vegan stuff.

When the woman arrives, she's wearing a floor-length fur coat, and ordered a whole fish. I may not be a vegan, but that seems a liiiiiitle like a conflict of interests. Anyway, N. Talked her through the menu, and she seemed happy with her food. I have no idea if the fish was the 'mystery dish', though.
    "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Er. I thought vegans didn't eat fish. What a loon.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

If that's what she thinks being vegan is, I should introduce her to my future SIL.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X