This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get my way so I'll make up a story

The other day, I was processing general internet enquiries at work. Had a query from a person claiming they failed to receive a free gift as part of a recent promotion we had. He had already been told he wasn't entitled to a gift by a colleague, but he didn't seem to get it. So I pretty much reitterated what my colleague said, and gave him some further contact options.

A couple of days later, the SC sends back a rant about poor customer service bla bla bla. Someone else was processing the enquiries, and noticed that the SC had added a few expletives and 'please don't contact us' to my response (very poorly spelt as well). Knowing this was clearly doctored, we check the BCC of the actual response (we BCC to ourselves all responses), and sure enough, the BCC had perfect punctuation and no abuse (I'm often commended by my Team Leader about how well set out my responses are - another sign it was clearly doctored).

So we all have a good laugh about it and alert our Team Leader about the situation. It's now gone to higher authorities to see how to respond to this SC, as above all else, he has breached the 'this message must not be altered' clause of the disclaimer that's on all our e-mails.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Altering a message he must know you have a CC of?

The stupid is strong with that one.
    I still miss my ex.
    But my aim is getting better.

Comment

Quoth Midnight_Angel View Post
      Altering a message he must know you have a CC of?

The stupid is strong with that one.
      Actually its possible he didn't realize that they have a copy, the B in BCC is for Blind, its not shown on the message if anyone else is receiving copies. I think you can find that info in the headers, but no one looks at full headers these days.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Hmm... I can only speak about my workplace, and policy is that

a) Everything you send out is stored
        b) Everything that goes to a customer is cc'ed or bcc'ed to the team/project leader.

I thought these rules were pretty comon when dealing with customers over e-mail.
        I still miss my ex.
        But my aim is getting better.

Comment

I think you can find that info in the headers, but no one looks at full headers these days.
          is it?
          I'll go email myself (multiple accounts) and find out!

no... there wasn't anything in the header that a regular person could decipher to say "this email had a bcc"

Comment

Quoth Midnight_Angel View Post
            Hmm... I can only speak about my workplace, and policy is that

a) Everything you send out is stored
            b) Everything that goes to a customer is cc'ed or bcc'ed to the team/project leader.

I thought these rules were pretty comon when dealing with customers over e-mail.
            My company doesn't make a practice of cc'ing or bcc'ing email, but even so I guess this guy has never heard of a sent folder
            I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
              Actually its possible he didn't realize that they have a copy,
              The stupid is still strong- if it's on teh 'net, there is a copy *somewhere*.

Comment

I hate it when people alter documents - where I work we receive printout credit reports for customers when setting up an account (experian and such) and those get doctored all the time. My favorite is when they try to use an old credit report by changing the date to something like February 30th and such.
                I'm pretty sure it's illegal to alter but I never find out if our company does anything other than thell those who sent it to get a correct copy.

Comment

The best response to the SC in this case is polite honesty:

We have received your complaints and have investigated the matter. We keep a record of all out going emails and have discovered that you have altered the copy in your response. As such we have to follow company policies regarding Fraud and Slander and will take appropriate measures as needed and warrented.

If you still have a LEGITIMATE complaint regarding your orriginal issues, then please read the undoctored response you have already received. Thank you.

Comment

Oh, man! Did he really think that would work?

"Copies of all outgoing messages are saved and monitored for quality assurance. We will check our server for the original copy of the email and take appropriate action."

And, of course, the "appropriate action" will be absolutely nothing. If he's not completely stupid, he'll drop it.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Shimatta View Post
                      something like February 30th and such.

Do you have the original doc so you can post it on fail blog?

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                        And, of course, the "appropriate action" will be absolutely nothing. If he's not completely stupid, he'll drop it.
                        Doesn't the fact that he altered it (poorly at that) already answer this?
                        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post

Do you have the original doc so you can post it on fail blog?
                          No, the paperwork is sent to off site storage after we are done, and I wouldn't be able to remember the account now. I'll keep an eye out for another, there is always someone out there ready to screw up.

Comment

Working...
                          X