Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We went from selling fake cigars to being racist in 2.5 seconds.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We went from selling fake cigars to being racist in 2.5 seconds.

Keep in mind, my coworker made one remark about the cigars. After that neither of us said anything else from the moment the man of African-American persuasion began speaking till the moment he left.

I'm just going to call him cellphone guy since he was on his cellphone.

Cellphone guy = CG
    Coworker = CW
    Me = The Racist.

Cellphone guy walked over to the counter and leaned over, pointing to a box of the Dutch Masters singles.

CG: (not sure if he's talking to me or not) See, I was going to get one of those Phillies but they're fake. You're going to get a lot of complaints about that because I've had to return five of those.

CW: (Walks over to the Dutch Masters and shrugs) Well, I'm sorry sir.

CG: Can I get a pack of Newports?

CW goes to get him the Newports and CG looks at me.

CG: You got an attitude problem?

Note, I have not said a word to him yet. I didn't bother wasting breath because the moment he began bitching about the cigars I knew it was pointless and it was late, so I just glanced at him rather drolly while he completed the transaction at CW's register.

CG: (into phone) I swear I've been coming here for eleven fucking years and it's the same fucking attitude every fucking time. (glancing back at me) I swear they make you want to break character and just beat the shit out of someone.

This point is where I would normally ask if the customer was threatening me but I didn't actually detect a real threat from this guy so I just kept quiet.

CG: (Still into phone) They just judging me because of the color of my skin or something.

I tuned him out at this point because the guy ceased being interesting.

Me: Have a nice day! (As he was leaving the store ranting into the phone)
    CW: (Glances back at me) We went from selling fake cigars to being racist.
    Me: Amazing.

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
    CG: I swear they make you want to break character and just beat the shit out of someone.
    So, what? He's playing Paladin or something?

I could get into a day-to-day DnD LARP.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Somehow I think his cellphone 10/20+ would have been ineffective against my box cutter 3/5- which is a weaker weapon but has the added +350 bonus of my Berserker Psycho Rage.

Comment

Nah. He's playing Freebase from the people who brought you HoL
        Bark like a chicken!

Comment

What a moron cellphone guy was. I don't think a store would have "fake" phillies. I think what he meant is dried out. Since he was buying cigarettes as well, it's almost 100% the cigar was destined to become a blunt wrap. If he had to return 5 either he is a heavy handed moron, or they are really dry, and who returns a defective cheap cigar anyway?

Haven't smoked in YEARS just making an observation.

Comment

As opposed to chocolate cigars?
            I see dumb people...

"I think I died long ago, and you two are my eternal punishment"
            "..."
            "You're like a constant downer, huh?"

Comment

Working...
            X