X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodwill, how hard could THAT be?

Pet peeves, all cashiers have them.

I swear karma bit me pretty good when iw ent into a Goodwill job thinking "this won't be so bad"

1) This store opened in town a few years back and it took them up until THIS FALL to put up a sign asking people to give us coupons BEFORE ringing them up. Nothing is worse than ringing up 25 items then havign to go back to each individual one and discount it when you have a ten foot line growing

2) I hated it when customers would buy something that came to around 2 or 3 dollars and then pay with a 50 or 100. Seriously people, stop by the bank before you come here.

3) If a manager is going to get mad at ANYONE for not doing their job, how about saying somethign to the twit in the back that made the cashiers jobs 10 times harder because she didn't know how to hang a rack correctly so we don't have 7 packed racks pushed out from the back in two hours?

4) I'm a cashier, not a GPS. I don't midn trying to help you but have you ever thought about using a road map when asking about how to get to somwhere out in the middle nof nowhere in comparison to my town?

5) If you're going to be in the store for nearly three hours, LEAVE THE SCREAMING, WHINY CHILDREN OUTSIDE! Some people DON"T like clistening to a child scream at the top of their lungs.

6) If you're not willing to pay an extra 50 cents to let the kid have that stupid McDonalds toy just to shut it up, I am.

7 I work at a thrift store and not Fashion Bug for a reason: I do NOT know how to tell a Designer purse from a real one. Sorry that's not in my training program

8) I'm not about to ask every older-looking woman if they have the little useless card that says they are over 65 years of age because, quite frankly, I'd probably be backhanded

9) Another note to the people in back:: Try writing prices on the wares so I don't have to run into the back every ten seconds asking the price on random little things. Don't yell at me for not doing my job when the problem lies completely out of my hands

Ugh. Man i'm so glad I quit that job. Working at a Goodwill sucks.
    Last edited by MadMike; 03-01-2009, 04:34 AM.

6) If you're not willing to pay an extra 50 cents to let the kid have that stupid McDonalds toy just to shut it up, I am.
    I see your point, here, really (I used to work in a bookstore and the screaming kids are many) but from a parental perspective (not a parent but done my share of babysitting) it's a good thing in the long run if the kid doesn't learn that they get whatever they want just because they make a scene. If the parent is consistent the kid will eventually learn that it doesn't work. And when that kid grows up, there's one less SC in the world.

That said, if your kid is screaming that much, remove them from the store. Show them there are consequences to their behavior (aside from not getting a toy). Do your shopping later (yes, I realize this is not always an option).
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

5) If you're going to be in the store for nearly three hours, LEAVE THE SCREAMING, WHINY CHILDREN OUTSIDE! Some people DON"T like clistening to a child scream at the top of their lungs.
      Or a baby sitter.

Or what Mom use to do...
      Screaming kids = stop shopping, go home NOW. And the kids are in deep trouble.

Comment

Parents will just ignore them and let them run around and play being mini terrorists to everyone else in the store. And you can't tell the kids they can't behave that way, even if they continue they will get hurt, which is what happens most of the time. You talk to the parents even very nicely pointing out that if they continue to run through the store they could get hurt. They just complain to corporate that you ruined their shopping experience, with concern for their child. Yep was written up for that just this week.. Even though the kid knocked over another shopper cause he was sliding around on the floor like a baseball player into the fixtures, it ruined this mothers shopping day to have to be bothered to "parent her child'.

Comment

Wow...and the reason I quit going to second hand stores was because of creepy people.

I wanted something for Halloween a couple of years back and went to my local Savers (pretty much the same as Goodwill). Man there are some creepy people at stores like that.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What is Goodwill please?
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_Industries Wiki-fu!

Bsically, a store that sells second hand items.
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience working at GW.

I worked at one once.

I miss it.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X