• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'll bite.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      Okay, I'll bite.
      She didn't wake up from a kiss, she woke up in labor with twins.

Wanna take the bait for Rapunzel?

Comment

Hit me!

Comment

Tria, I'm SO not taking that dare only because I have some idea already.

Rapscallion...sigh.
          Yeah. You would have to smack me upside the head with the cold hard truth.
          ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Tria,
            You wouldn't happen to know of a place online, or a book that has the original fairy tales? I've been curoius, but havent been able to find any.
            Last edited by saint; 11-01-2006, 08:00 PM. Reason: because I cant spell
            Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

Hit me!
              The line asking why the witch weighed more than the man was originally "Why do my clothes no longer fit?".

And sorry saint, just random stuff I picked up.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                Uh.... yeah! Your son was the one eating all the cookies...

(Grabs a handful of cookies and runs back under the couch)
                AH HA! It's not the invisible gophers at all! It's been MadMike all along!

I loved Dogma. The part where God shows up in human form in front of the church is my favorite.

I have also heard that the original fairy tales where whole lot different from what they are today, but so far, I haven't been able to track down a book with the originals in it.
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Thanks anyways, Tria.
                  Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                    I have also heard that the original fairy tales where whole lot different from what they are today, but so far, I haven't been able to track down a book with the originals in it.
                    Try Germany.... Carlos Mencia had a fun outlook on Snow White. He kissed a dead chick, dropped the coffin and knocked the apple out.... So lucky necrophiliac.

Comment

I read the original version of the Little Mermaid, and I have to say that the Disney version is ... whitewashed. Boy is is whitewashed.

Rapscallion

Comment

A lot of stories/religious legends have become extrememly watered down. It's amazing what some ancient peoples believed! Nothing PG about it.
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

The original fairy tales are. umm...to say the least, NOTHING like the ones we know them as now.

Somewhere I know we had a book with all the original ones in it. I read it as a teenager, and believe me, you'll never look at Snow white or the others the same way again.

As for that woman with her child..on another forum, I read that a lady in GA was trying to get Harry Potter banned from the schools. I said it then, I'll say it now, if one has to ban these books or what is on TV due to what is in them because of religious reasons, then there faith is not all that strong.

You might as well barracade yourself in a room for the rest of your lives, because in life, one can not hide from any of it anymore. There is such a thing as shoving the religion down a childs throat to the point that that child will grow up and turn againsit the very things you are trying to teach them. It sounds as if this woman will one day learn that when her child is a grown up. Last I heard, the God I was brought up to believe in would not have wanted that.

Sad.

Comment

Look up Charles Perrault (sp?) fairy tales. Oh the gore and violence... especially Bluebeard. Favourites of mine as a child.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

That little girl's mother is pathetic. One wonders what happened in her own childhood to cause such fear of imagination.

For a good book on fairy tales and their true form, try Women Who Run with the Wolves, by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes. She essays to show the ancient teaching wisdom with the fairy tales we know today. It's a fascinating read.

I grew up reading the original-version fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm. Man, they were DIRE--and I loved every one. The original tale of the Goose Girl had her talking to a horse's head nailed up over a gate. If I remember rightly, her wicked stepmother was punished for her crimes by being put naked into a barrel lined with nails, which was then either rolled down hills or dragged by horses until the stepmother died. And yeah Raps, the Little Mermaid was totally whitewashed by Disney (as is their custom). In the original story, when the mermaid grew legs, every step felt like walking on sharp knives, and her feet bled. Bloodthirsty, yes--but kids seem to understand the dynamics of theses stories almost instinctively.

Comment

That poor child! How some people think that's Christian-like at all, I don't understand

On that same note, though - Something Positive has something to say about that kind of attitude. Read from the beginning of the "Holy Ghost Stories"
                                0 Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care, thou are the object of desire to the scholar. This is the beverage of the friends of God. -In Praise of Coffee, 1511

Daranacon - because we're not crazy enough

Comment

Working...
                                X