X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Parking is reserved; male customer: "this car is not a $20,000 car"

I dealth with a sucky, irritating male customer this morning

my spiel: "I'm sorry, but the garage is reserved today, & I can only allow people on the event list to park. I'm sorry, but I cannot allow anyone else to park because there are no other parking spots for anyone else. I have to follow department regulations."

sucky male customer *apparently driving a car costing more than $20,000*: smc
    me: me

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    smc: *abruptly tells me* "I'm here to see Mr. Nossa"
    me: my spiel
    smc: *bangs on the side of his car with his hand*: "This is not a $20,000 car"
    me: *Ok, that's nice. But you still cannot park in the gararge. You still have to find other parking*
    me: "I'm sorry, but I cannot break the rules"
    smc: *very irritated*: "So you cannot let me in"
    me: "No, I'm sorry, I cannot"

He backs up & drives off in a hurry. He drove across the street to meter parking. Could not find any spots & exited that lot in a hurry.

"No sir, it's about a $17,000 car on craigslist"

Not knowing what type of car it is that may not be accurate.
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
      You're quite right sir, it's a $20,000 penis extension, and you still can't park here, good day to you!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I used to get that kind of thing all the time when I was doing emissions testing in Illinois. "This is a <<obscene amount of money>> car with a 12 cylinder engine, you do understand it's a 12 cylinder, right?"

"Sir, all I care about is what's coming out of the tailpipe. I'm the equivalent of an automotive proctologist. If you're concerned about the engine, I'd suggest seeing a mechanic, or if you prefer, automotive cardiologist. Step out of your car please, this'll just take a few minutes."
        "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Isn't $20,000 what a new economy-level people mover with decent options goes for nowadays? I fail to see how that counts as the icon of affluence. I mean, when I bought my first car (after the junker my parents got me to learn how to drive in), I financed one worth $27,000 new ($9k at the time). I never once got a holier-than-thou attitude driving around in my little red convertible.

Comment

I think the idiot was implying that because his vehicle cost *more* than $20,000 that he should be entitled to some sort of compensation
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              I think the idiot was implying that because his vehicle cost *more* than $20,000 that he should be entitled to some sort of compensation
              Well unless it was blue he's not getting any here. Except on Thursdays and Fridays when entitlements go to green cars.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

and my parking booth is really a rocket ship... move it along sir
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"Oh! You're new money. I'm very sorry, sir, I didn't realise you didn't have class or style. Please, go ahead and park in the 'new money' area, which is behind you at the meters or at (alternative parking area)."

(I've heard that one of the key distinctions between 'new money' and 'old money' is that old money recognises that those who give them service are people, and treats them accordingly. Obviously this isn't always the case, but it's far more common in 'old money' than in 'new'. And if enough of us act that way.... )
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                    Except on Thursdays and Fridays when entitlements go to green cars.
                    What? No day for orange cars?
                    *pouts*

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      *pouts*

Regulations change monthly according to a dartboard and a monkey's aim. It works better than the flow chart
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

me: *Ok, that's nice. <snip>
                        I would have left it right there. "That's nice." Then just wait and see what he says. It's asking him to explain himself, make his point, tell you what makes his car so special because it is not within a certain price range.

That, or I would have told him, "Neither is mine. You still can't park here."

I find only a few things more annoying than people who think they deserve special treatment simply because they have more money than the rest of the world.
                        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                        - IPF

Comment

I would have said "Well, this lot is only for $20,000 cars therefore you need to find parking elsewhere".
                          "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

The wonderful customer returned today, & luckily there was a non-reserved spot for him. He said "hello".

I turned around to see what kind of car he drives. A BMW.

No wonder he thinks he's "special"

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                              Orange ya glad it isn't green?
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X