Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm willing to bet the SC went to school on a scholarship. I hate people who are going either on scholarship or having their parents pay because so many of them think they're automatically better than the people who have to work to go to school.

Want to know why I don't have a scholarship... because my gpa is .1 too low to get a merit scholarship and my mother's income is too high... obviously I can just have her pay for it... oh the fact that every penny she has is tied up in medical bills obviously doesn't factor into that decision. So, my only option is to pay for it myself. I don't think anyone else is superior because they achieved a .1 higher GPA or that their parents have lower income than mine... and a definitely don't think they're superior if their parents are wealthy and pay for it for them.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I hate when SCs automatically assume since you are working at an entry-level job or some fast food place, it means you are a high school or college dropout. Thank God most of my customers know that I am going to college while I am working.

Comment

I say this as someone soon to have a degree in Accounting...

YOU ROCK!
        Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          I'm embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what you and he were talking about. However, his audience obviously did, and your putdown and their reactions were something to treasure! Well done!
          Phew! Thank goodness I'm not the only one who has no idea what you said to him.

But uhhh great job on an awesome putdown (?!)
          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
            Phew! Thank goodness I'm not the only one who has no idea what you said to him.

But uhhh great job on an awesome putdown (?!)
            One doesn't need to know what was said. I haven't a frigging clue either, but all one has to do is read the context of what it being said. Clearly whatever that statistical-mumbo-jumbo-voodoo-speak is, was an example of someone who knew what they were talking about, displayed a mastery of the subject and was total and utter pwnage of a complete douche-nozzle.

And it was freaking awesome.

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
              LOL this reminds me of my posting when a passenger asked why I was studying for a degree when I was a mere trolley dolly.
              It's amazing how so many people mentally pigeonhole you into the job function they see you performing and assume that you're uneducated/unambitious/incapable because that job role is (in their mind anyway) unskilled/menial labor, and that is all you can do. As if they never had to work their way up to where they are now!

I have a hard time believing that that many people never waited tables/worked a cash register/answered phones/were at the bottom of the totem pole at some point in their life. Who knows, maybe they did just that and put themselves through the crapper to get where they are, but they're so self-centered that they don't believe anyone else could possibly do what they did. I'm liking this theory.

Regardless of their motivation, they really shouldn't forget about all the feel-good, rags-to-riches movies which clearly foretell their ultimate comeuppance

Comment

big high five to you for putting that ass in his place and showing him up in front of his peers; perhaps next time, the disconnect between brain and mouth will miraculously reconnect...nah.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                X