Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Didn't think it would be so difficult!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Didn't think it would be so difficult!

Bitchy bag Lady
    Bitchy bag lady and her husband come through my lane. I knew she was a sweetheart the moment i greeted her and she ignored me.

Me: Hello!
    BBL: ............

Fine whatever. It all pays the same right? I start to ring up her groceries, starting with the green grapes. (Almost 3 pounds worth)

BBL: (borderline shouting!) I don't want those grapes! $8 for grapes? Thats ridiculous!

Me: They are on sale, do you have a club card? (pointing to the little dot on the screen that indicates the item is on sale with a club card)

BBL's Husband; Those are supposed to be $1.99 a pound. (At least he wasn't snotty about it)

Me (again) I'm sure you're right, but you need your club card to get your discount.

BBL hands me her club card, i scan it and the price goes down to $1.99 a pound, making her grapes like $5-something. She agrees to keep the grapes.

As I start to bag her stuff, she snaps,

BBL: I need paper bags!

Me: Ok
    Just then a courtsey clerk (bagger) comes to my line to help/ hang out. I tell her that the customer wants paper and she begins to bag.

At the end of the transaction, as BBL goes to leave, she barks at her husband to grab the bag of oranges and then grabs the paper bag of groceries. Sneering at the courtesy clerk, she says "Is this it?"

Courtesy Clerk: Yep.
    BBL: (to courtesy clerk) Would it have killed you to put this in two bags!?!?!
    She stomps off.
    There was more than enough room in that bag for what she had and then some!

Methinks she wanted the bags for recycling or something but couldn't be bothered to mention that to us.

Courtesy Clerk (after BBL leaves) What a rude bitch!
    Agreed.

I didn't think it would be so difficult!
    In a typical scenario, a lady comes to my line, dumps all of her stuff on my belt, then decides to check off her grocery list and coupons. Why people don't do this BEFORE they get in to my line is beyond me.

Ofcourse (as usual) there is something she forgot.....

She asks the courtesy clerk if he could run back and grab her this jug of laundry detergent she forgot. She hands him the coupon so he can find it. He leaves.

I finish ringing her up and the courtesy clerk hans't returned yet.

It was a pretty busy day, and I would bet that the courtesy clerk probably got stopped by someone on the aisle. Its almost impossible on days like this to get from one end of the store to another without getting stopped by someone.

Or maybe he was just being thourough in getting the lady what she wanted. She didn't tell him what scent or anything that she wanted so who knows? He wasn't gone for more than 2 minutes but in customer years thats like an hour.

The lady is clearly impatient and huffs, "Geeez, i didn't think it would be so difficult!"

Well beeeatch, obviously it was since you couldn't manage to do it yourself!

She could have saved her self the trouble had she checked off her stuff BEFORE she got in line. HELLO!
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Why is it that customers somehow think we're mind readers? So when we don't know what they want without them telling us they get attitudes the size of the Empire State Building. Somebody somewhere someday is going to bust those kinds of people back down to size.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Why is it that customers somehow think we're mind readers? So when we don't know what they want without them telling us they get attitudes the size of the Empire State Building. Somebody somewhere someday is going to bust those kinds of people back down to size.
      Maybe we should be required to wear badges that state "We are not psychic."
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Of course even if the service industry were to get psychic powers the customers would complain because then "they are stealing my secrets"! Yeesh.
        Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          Maybe we should be required to wear badges that state "We are not psychic."
          They wouldn't read the buttons.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
          X