This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Perfect song for this situation, especially when you really get into the lyrics.

"Mental wounds not healing.....
    Life's a bitter shame...."

"Mental wounds still screaming.....
    Driving me insane....
    "

It's times like this that I really don't think Ozzy was singing about himself.

EDITED TO ADD: Good lord, I just accidentally ran across a Chipmunks version of this song! Someone hold me!

*hugs* Person to person music sharing is both a blessing and a curse at times. I really hate the chipmunks so I understand your pain, lol.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
      BTW, we have a very similiar government program here in KY and it just blows my mind in which people who have it (that do indeed need it) do not go through their recertifications and allow the coverage to drop.
      Depressives and those with anxiety disorders may not be able to bring themselves to do the recertification.
      People with illnesses which affect their ability to keep track of appointments or to be organised may not be able to be organised enough to do the recertification without help.
      People with schizophrenias or other illnesses of which paranoia can be a component...
      People with illnesses which are physically exhausting or difficult to manage may have all they can do to keep themselves clean and fed. Dealing with things like recertifications can be simply beyond their ability.

Yes, these people need a case manager, patient advocate or carer. But just look at your local health care and welfare system, and ask yourself how likely it is that they have one?

Bearing that in mind makes it easier to be compassionate and understanding.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Depressives and those with anxiety disorders may not be able to bring themselves to do the recertification.
        People with illnesses which affect their ability to keep track of appointments or to be organised may not be able to be organised enough to do the recertification without help.
        People with schizophrenias or other illnesses of which paranoia can be a component...
        People with illnesses which are physically exhausting or difficult to manage may have all they can do to keep themselves clean and fed. Dealing with things like recertifications can be simply beyond their ability.

Yes, these people need a case manager, patient advocate or carer. But just look at your local health care and welfare system, and ask yourself how likely it is that they have one?

Bearing that in mind makes it easier to be compassionate and understanding.

Nope, those with the ailments/disorders/etc you listed above do generally have someone to help them along. They are the ones that do indeed need the assistance. I'm talking about the mother with 5 kids by 5 different men who refuses to work (even though all kids are school age so childcare cost is not the issue) therefore she's entitled to the assistance but refuses to haul her lazy ars to the office to do the paperwork. Hell, the kids are in school! What else does she have to do with her time? Oh yeah, forgot, soaps are on.

It's not those that genuinely need the assistance that give us the problems. It's those that were raised on it, are raising their kids on it and their grandkids will be raised on it.

Comment

Just...wow.
          "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
            Me: *reads that customer is cancelling her medicare part d and it goes into affect on such and such date* Okay... You canceled you medicare part d.
            CS: I know it was you that signed me up for it.
            Me: .... .... .... .... Wait, what?
            CS: I KNOW it was you who signed me up for medicare.
            I was dealing with my MIL's Medicare benefits when Medicare part D started several years ago. I seem to recall that if someone didn't chose a part D provider, or opt out of it, Medicare automatically picked a provider for you.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I am getting tired of this...

I wish to God I didn't have it hard wired in my brain to be polite and show respect to the elderly. I want to be as rude to her as she is to me, but I can't. Especially since I do now think that she may be suffering from the begining stages of dementia as another poster said.

But she WILL NOT STOP!

So I will say here what I can not say to her:

Lady,

I had absolutly nothing to do with your being signed up for medicare part d. the thing is, you turned 65 so they decided you might need it and sent you a bunch of different plans to choose from. When you didn't respond, like a lot of people apparently, they chose one for you.

NOT ME.

I know you don't believe me, the pharacists, the management, or even medicare, but it's the truth.

So for God's sake, stop calling the pharmacy, and management. Especially since you don't know my name, or apparently what I look like except if you see me of course.

And stop coming in to 'talk to me' because I have permission now to not talk to you or even acknowledge that you are there. I may leave the department all together if you show up, or just go into the bathroom until you leave, who knows.

What I do know is that I am sorry that you feel that either I actually did this, or that this is the only way you will get any kind of attention. Because you are making a mess of things for your self.

Best wishes,

Reirei
              Last edited by reirei; 03-15-2009, 05:05 AM. Reason: Gah, spelling my old foe, strikes again!!
              There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Someone hold me!
                Above the waist, or...
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                  Above the waist, or...
                  Do you see me objecting to either?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    Above the waist, or...
                    Quoth Jester View Post
                    Do you see me objecting to either?
                    You two need to get a room over at the Pervfest thread.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                      I really hate the chipmunks so I understand your pain, lol.
                      And then, there are those of us bizarre souls out there who actively have an interest in learning to sing/speak faster, and... er... might want to create a new music type in response...
                      Of course, one might also be wise to point and laugh at said bizarre individual... *hangs head in shame*
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                      X